PDA

View Full Version : graphtec craft robo cutter cc200 can't get it to cut paper let alone vinyl

Joohlyauk
06-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Finally got it installed, took me two days, then I saw the cable had come loose. Now today I just can't get it to cut out some simple letters. I've put in the paper source as vinyl with adhesive backing, says use the blue top thing for the blade. Can't get it to even score the vinyl, tried it with cheap copier paper, won't cut that either. It must be something so easy, what am I doing wrong?? Any idea?? Help!!

Jules

arko
09-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Hiya. I haven't actually owned a Craft Robo but I presume that you haven't checked the blade holder to see how much of the blade is sticking out of the bottom? Setting the blade depth depends on the medium you are going to cut. And have you also checked the setting for the cutting pressure?. These are the only two things I can throw at you for help Im sorry. I hope they help.

Joohlyauk
09-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Hiya, the blade holder has three different tops for different thicknesses. Blue, yellow and oink. Pink for thicker. Also where you put the blade in there are two ways to put it in as displayed on lid, it's got a ridge that points front for when using carriage sheet and right when not. I've tried all of the above. Can't see how to put more pressure down. I bought it second hand so blade could well be blunt. Anyway I got the blade out of its holder and dropped the damn thing and magically it's vanished so I will deffo be buying new blades haha! I'll see what happens with a new one.
Jules

Joohlyauk
09-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Oink is the new pink btw

arko
09-12-2014, 10:59 AM
I might try Oink on my next teeshirt! hahahah..... I thought your machine might have a digital pressure setting?..... and it could well be that the blade is blunt. That's no hardship as they are fairly cheap.

Joohlyauk
09-12-2014, 11:03 AM
I only paid £15 for it. I can't see anything else to do with pressure in the manual or on it. Hopefully the blade will work but if not I think I should get something bigger and newer with lots of fancy buttons and stuff!
Jules

arko
09-12-2014, 11:38 AM
hahahaha.... lots of bells and whistles is always a good thing! hahahaha.... but not too many you havent a hope in hell in working out what they all do. I can hear my peers on here now shouting abuse at me when I say I purchased a cheaop chines cutter for £120 of the auction site we all love and I never had a problem with it. They will say, pay cheap, pay twice. Well my one never let me down so dont be put off buying cheap. Oooohhh! I can now feelthe daggers being thrown in my direction! Ouch! hahaha.

Skye
09-12-2014, 11:41 AM
When I had a Craft Robo it was able to change the pressure. Try looking on the window where you press "Cut". I think the settings where there.
It had the option to choose a paper type but the settings (probably called speed & thickness) could be overridden.

If you run the cutter without a blade, does the blade holder go down & up as though it's cutting a line then moving somewhere else to cut again? If not, that could be the problem. Mine had a distinctive "Click" sound on the up/down movement.

R.Prints
09-12-2014, 12:24 PM
On the main dialogue box you can change pressure and speed.

Joohlyauk
22-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Pressure now sorted as altered manually and also found out that I'm an idiot. I was trying to cut the vinyl shiny side up haha! Have now successfully done about 12 t shirts. Yay!