PDA

View Full Version : newbie thanks

fredster
02-08-2010, 10:55 PM
As a new member today i had a good long read at all the posts in this section ...seems that Martin is the guy in the know ...i have had help from martin via his website in the last week or so and must say he gives advice freely and easily and seems a great guy ...Thank you Martin.

I too have purchased cheaply to set up in sublimation ..its what you can afford i guess at the time.
ive bought an epson s21 on advice from a company that it will do the job with their ciss systems..Great ..u might think ..
so purchased the EMPTY system and filled up with the inks that i got in a cheap deal on some stuff on ebay last week.
Obvious problems arose from the outset ...first one being the fact that the new printer wont read the chips on the system ...great ..what a start.. The company i bought them from still havnt replied to my 2 emails over the last 2 days and i will be cold calling them later in the week to see why not.

So in the package i also had an epson d78 which had refillable cartrdiges already in it ...these worked but blue wouldnt print at all so i tried the cartridges in my new s21 ..result ..they were accepted by the printer ... cleaned heads a few times and hey presto ..a print or two ... then they stopped alltogether ... lol
The instructions that came with the ciss were crap and not once mentioned priming them ..Thanks to these forums i am now armed with what to do 2morrow at home to try and prime them.
Now ... I DID notice that the css cartridges and the refillable ones were identical so ... coupled up the ciss tubes to the cartridges and hey presto ... still need priming at home 2morrow though and i will let you all know the results.
Thanks to this place i also now know i can empty the cartridges through the bottom as if priming the air out ... great ..the ciss system i filled with ink,i can empty out (hopefully) or is there an easier way?

Wish i'd brought it all to work with me now ... lol

I also read in a thread somewhere that an HOW TO section would be great ...Well said ..cant seem to find one though ....
An idiots guide to printing and pressing certain items would be a great help to all us newbies.

Martin ... i will be coming to you for more great advice in the near future as i'd also like to set up for chromablast system to print on cotton tshirts.However this time ...i wont go elsewhere ...lol

Thanks to everyone for a great forum.
jeff

Paul
02-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Hi Jeff! thank you for good words about our forum and share your experience . ;)
I will move your post to welcome section so you can met more of us :)

Justin
02-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Hi Jeff and welcome to the forum :D

Sublimation is one of those things where it just doesn't pay to try and set up cheaply, many of us have tried, myself included in the past. You tend to end up buying several pieces of kit, printer etc. before finally realising you really do need the supported printer and inks. You can end up watsing so much ink/media/blanks and most importantly time.

I'm glad you're getting yourself sorted out and finding the information you need on the forum.

I look forward to talking more with you soon.

Cheers for now,
Justin
DSF Admin

fredster
02-08-2010, 11:14 PM
cheers paul ...wasnt sure it was in right section ..should do with the amount of forums i use .... lol

Anyone other than martin know much about the chromablast sytem? .. he works too hard ... lol

Kaz
02-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Hiya and welcome on board :D

Ian M
03-08-2010, 02:53 AM
Hi Fredster

Ian

fredster
03-08-2010, 03:02 AM
hi ian
another yorkshireman to the fray ...i'm in Sheffield....

bms
03-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Hi Jeff, thanks for the kind words and welcome to the Forum.

Ian M
03-08-2010, 03:27 PM
hi ian
another yorkshireman to the fray ...i'm in Sheffield....

Bye eck lad tha'll do for thee. :D

I'm up in Bradford you know the place with a big hole in the city centre :roll:

Ian

Paul
03-08-2010, 06:33 PM

:o :o :shock:

Ian M
03-08-2010, 08:20 PM

Paul it's Yorkshire speak & translated it just means glad to know he's from Yorkshire too.

Ian :D

fredster
03-08-2010, 08:27 PM
i may be common and from Rotherham but i DONT talk like that .... lol
And ...ive never been to bradford so wouldnt know about any hole .... lol unles you count ikea as bradford? .... lol

Paul
03-08-2010, 09:37 PM
[quote="Ian M":2obuqfm9]Bye eck lad tha'll do for thee. :D

Paul it's Yorkshire speak & translated it just means glad to know he's from Yorkshire too.

Ian :D[/quote:2obuqfm9]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats what I thought it was :lol:

fredster
04-08-2010, 02:45 AM
What a BLOODY PULLAVA ... lol
i Think i have finally sorted out the printer to print now...just had 5 full sheets come out perfect so alls looking good...
thanks for the invaluable help in teh forums.