PDA

View Full Version : STICKERS

fredster
05-08-2010, 11:00 PM
I'll ask now while its quiet ... lol

ive always been interested in making my own stickers ..printing onto labels just isnt good enough so i'd like to kno wbest way to do it?
can i buy an a4 stcker sheet thats uncut and then print to it and then use a cutter/plotter whatever thay are to cut out the shapes?
ive seen a few videos on tube and that looks as if its all thats needed for the job.
Obviously i dont want to mass produce these things but having a way to do it myself would be a great asset ...

Any suggestions on reasonably cheap way of doing this ?

cheers

bms
05-08-2010, 11:10 PM
can i buy an a4 stcker sheet thats uncut and then print to it and then use a cutter/plotter whatever thay are to cut out the shapes?

Yes you can - the Craft ROBO may be the quickest and possibly cheapest way to go for this.

fredster
06-08-2010, 01:20 AM
cheers martin ..and do you do the stickers paper etc etc ? ... is it just normal printer ink for that or sub ?
just found this at reasonable price on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A4-PHOTO-QUALITY-GLOSSY-STICKER-INKJET-DECAL-PAPER-K-/130417137584?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_Printer_Paper_Accessories_ET&hash=item1e5d7797b0

is this the sort of stuff i could use in the cutter ? ..

i like the sound of this robocutter ... lol

fredster
06-08-2010, 01:33 AM
and most importantly .... can i use it with photoshop ?

bms
06-08-2010, 08:46 AM
You can use any sticker paper you want. The inkjet material is fine. We sell the laser version and the sublimation vinyl but whatever you want to use is fine. You can't use photoshop though. Previous posts here confirm you can use Corel Draw and Illustrator, but you can import your jpg to the software supplied (Robo Master) and easily create cut lines around your images (circles, square, rectangles, eclipses etc) and you can create more fancy cut lines using the bendy shape line tool (called spline) or outline the image directly with the special tool available in the Robo Master software.

fredster
06-08-2010, 09:13 PM
thanks again

thought it would work out cheaper if used inkjet paper as the inks cheaper and for what i want to use them on costs would be less but thanks for that ...the robocutter is now on my xmas list .. lol