PDA

View Full Version : Lovecut

SimonF
06-08-2010, 09:27 AM
New to this forum....so hello!

I recently purchased a new Heat Press from Lovecut.....what a nightmare! I paid £350 for the LoveCut HVY-16 (16x24) Swing away press, It came in a crate weighing about 45Kg. Unfortunately It was bashed to hell and had dints in it, I didn't bother turning it on, I got on the phone and called them up and they arranged a replacement with 7 days.

Heat press number 2 seemed fine, small dint in it but it looked in general good condition, plugged it in and it got into its cycle, after about 30 seconds it cut out, so I started again, this time after 40 seconds it cut out, I pressed a button it came on, then went off. Decided to turn it off and give Lovecut a call.

I left my details and was told somebody would call me back, which after a few hours they didn’t.

Called again explaining the problem, stating I wanted a refund, which they agreed to stating that a courier would come and pick up the unit. Heard nothing for 2 days.

Called again, told courier was on their way, they turned up, a van from parcel force picked up the unit and took it away.

The next day the unit was back, parcel force stating it was too heavy they couldn't return it.

Called Lovecut, and wanted to speak to the boss as I was getting a bit annoyed at this point, was told he was on the phone and he would give me a call back, he didn't.

Called the next day same story, on the phone would call me back....did manage to speak to somebody who said he would send the courier with the correct weight assigned to the consignment the next day....you guessed it nothing.

After numerous calls asking to speak to the person in charge (who is always 'on the other line') nothing.

My second to last call was on Tuesday, again he didn’t call me back.

My last call was Yesterday, I was told that parcel force were due out to make a collection.......I waited all day Nothing,

I am stuck with a faulty heat press and £350 out of pocket. Next step is consumer direct...

My advise to anyone thinking about buying a Press is to look for a reputable company, I have had good dealings with BMS, & Transfer Press, spend the extra £200-£300 and get something better quality and definitely, definitely avoid LOVECUT!

Ian M
06-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Hi Simon,

Have you got in touch with Ebay to complain about them & have you been in touch with Paypal to ask for a refund?

Lovecut went under another name on Ebay & I was under the impression he cahnged the name to Lovecut due to similar type problems that people are getting now.

I think if a few people approached Ebay they would be asking serious questions regarding how they treat customers. It also might be time to get trading standards involved too. I think you might get somewhere with trading standards as it is becoming more obvious that a lot of their products just are not fit for purpose.

Good luck with it all.

Ian

SimonF
06-08-2010, 04:22 PM
It was bought from their website.....After a snotty conversation with one of the owners colleges He got TNT to come and collect it today.

I dont buy from Ebay either had a bad experience with Sublimagic, which is a different story altogether!

Ian M
06-08-2010, 07:22 PM
It was bought from their website.....

Sorry about that, it's just that you see them selling on Ebay all the time & I just thought you had bought it off there.

I would still have a word about them with trading standards as they may have had other complaints about them.

Ian

fredster
06-08-2010, 08:17 PM
i'll be contacting trading standards about them too next week...the more complaints about them you might get something done.

purpledragon
06-08-2010, 11:48 PM
looks i was a lucky one, i bought a love cut press and i cant really fault it . i had a slight mechanical problem which i fixed myself but aparet from that great. got to admit they were a nightmare to contact
brett

Paul
08-08-2010, 09:47 AM
they sent me wrong amount of flex. contact them fe tomes. but when I asked for replace of wrong vinyl they saddly stop emailing me ;)
AVOID!

Kaz
09-08-2010, 12:36 PM
What problems did you have with sublimagic?

Could you maybe start a new thread about that.

People need to know who the problem suppliers are, aswell as the good guys.

Paul
09-08-2010, 05:07 PM
What problems did you have with sublimagic?

Could you maybe start a new thread about that.

People need to know who the problem suppliers are, aswell as the good guys.
true :twisted:

Mattie
10-08-2010, 03:15 PM
I had nothing but problems with lovecuts about 3 month ago bought one of their starter kits and only things right that turned up were the heat press and mug press everything else was wrong like wrong quantites, type etc.

Phone them numerous times (boss on phone story) over about a 2 week period before it was finally sorted. I am staying clear of them from now on.

SimonF
11-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Quick update.....

Press went back on Friday, phoned on Monday to see if it had arrived told I would get a call back.......didn't get one. Called again today (Wednesday) to see if the press was back, left my details again and yes you guessed it no call!

I am still awaiting my refund.

I will keep you all posted. I cant stress enough, stay away from these cheap companies.

Peace!

John G
12-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Hi All,
I have mixed experiences with dealing with lovecut. I started buying their mugs, very, very cheap - but not dish washer safe/proof as 1st advertised. I've used a fair few boxes of their mugs and they are fine, aslong as you tell the end customer that they are definately hand wash only. Alot of people aren't that bothered as they are used for jokes/gifts which will only be used once - I always offer better quality dishwasher proof/safe ones but most of the time, price dictates.

I then decided to buy a swing away heat press from Lovecut - got it for a good price. Press came a few days later and after using a crane to get it on the bench (bloody heavy) I found that the timer and temp gauges were hanging off and the handle was catching when operated. I Phoned lovecut, no joy getting through, so emailed with problems along with a request for a price on a spare heating rubber for the platen. I received a reply with a price for the rubber and a kurt "just push the gauges back in and it'll be fine". I wasn't too happy about this so asked for the press to be exchanged - they wanted me to send it back and pay for the courier which I wasn't prepared to do. In the end I took it apart, fixed in the gauges and moved the casing so the handle doesn't catch as much.

Would I buy another press from them - no I wouldn't, even though its working fine now and the results are far better than my old clam style press. You do get what you pay for with these heat presses - I wish i'd held off for a few months, saved a bit more money and bought a named one from a reputable dealer.

Cheers John

SimonF
16-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Got my refund today at long last!

So all in all a bad experience, next time I will buy from a decent reputable company,

Ok So Who can tell me the best large sized press on the market, willing to go to the £850 mark

Kaz
16-08-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm currently looking for a new press aswell, and have been looking at adkins and stahl presses.

Can't make my mind up on which one to go for though :(

Justin
16-08-2010, 08:24 PM
If I was looking at buying new I'd check out Target Transfers presses. Came close to buying one of their new presses a while ago but was offered an Adkins for the right price so didn't pursue it. Most of their presses are clamshell but are far superior to many on the market. You can rent the manual release presses to give you a chance to test the quality.

DREAMGLASS
04-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Lovecut used to trade on eBay under the name Tek Press. Exactly the same trading address in Sheffield. They started to get quite a few negative feedbacks then disappeared from eBay. A few weeks later Lovecut started trading, albeit offering a revised range of products.

Whilst some things that originate from China are OK, the quality control and production can sometimes leave something to be desired. I had one cap press expire after just 20 minutes (not from Lovecut), which fortunately was rectified by replacing a voltage regulator and a couple of other components at a cost of £20. My Chinese made flat press (again not from Lovecut) worked faultlessly month in month out, even though the pressure adjustment would sometimes adjust itself as the press was repeatedly opened and closed. Being purchased at a quarter of the cost of a brand name press I found I could live with that ok though.

At the end of the day, it all about having realistic expectations for the price you pay. Don't expect an instruction manual that makes any sense, don't anticipate spare parts to be readily available and ignore any implied warranties from many suppliers, as they are simply not worth the paper they are written on.

xpert
04-10-2010, 12:14 PM
If you can afford the Adkins, then go for it, i've got the 50x38, had it for 4 years, only packed up once. Just be careful where you buy it from, i got mine from Xpres, great when they were selling it, when it went wrong after 12.5 months, that's right 2 weeks out of warranty, they couldn't give a monkeys, went direct to Adkins, they were unbelievable, lent me a press while mine was being repaired, then didn't charge me for the repair, great service.

DREAMGLASS
04-10-2010, 12:22 PM
I found Xpres customer services very poor. They sent me a sample tee no problems, but advised the minimum order would be £50. I had follow up call two days later to say minimum order value would now be £100 and I'd need to open account. Instead I bought direct from Martin at Printerowners, online payment, any quanity I wanted and next day delivery.

Sometimes it is who you deal with as much as the product itself. In that context Lovecut appear to do themselves no favours at all.

Ian M
04-10-2010, 02:26 PM
At the end of the day it not only boils down to quality & price but the quality of the customer service too. Let's face it if it wasn't for customers we wouldn't make any money would we. I always treat my customers how I would want to be treated & that is with respect & understanding all the time. Treat your customers right & they will always come back to you time & time again. :D

Kaz
04-10-2010, 11:01 PM
but advised the minimum order would be £50. I had follow up call two days later to say minimum order value would now be £100 and I'd need to open account.

The first order I place with Xpres had to be a minimum of £50, which wasn't a problem as I bought a load of things from them :D

Since then though, there is no minimum order and I've not been asked to open an account and haven't had any problems with them either, I usually end up speaking to the same person certainly when they call me back for payment details.

We even spoke about my holiday, a good few weeks after I'd come back, was surprised she remembered where I was going, but was a nice surprise, and makes for good CS in my book

DREAMGLASS
05-10-2010, 08:51 AM
The problem is Kaz, that the first impression with any business is what counts. Mess that up and people will ultimately shop elsewhere. The total loss of business to Xpres was around £250 on the initial order and probably somewhere in the region of £3000 over a twelve month period. Adopt a dictorial attitude before you even start trading with someone and that's what happens though. ;)

With another mainstream supplier, I went through their checkout process, entered all my address details just to be met with a screen that said they didn't accept online payments and someone would ring through for my payment details. This they did and the next day my credit card was compromised with a £30 phone top up. Whilst it would be unfair to point at the owners of the business, it did make we wonder just how securely my credit card details were stored there and whether they'd just been left lying around on a piece of paper. Needless to see I have not done any more dealings with that supplier since.

We all have our preferred suppliers and now Xpres is selling one its subli-t's cheaper than where I have been buying from before, it could be that I start to trade with them. Likewise I'm sure that if Lovecut was to check its machines before despatch and be more demanding of the folks they purchase them from, they could have a better level of sales.