PDA

View Full Version : New...and would love some advice...!

VSW
09-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Hello all...
I have been reading up on dye sub printing as I would really like to start to do a few things in my spare time after work etc.. I have quickly realised that there is a mass of infomation, styles, techniques etc etc out there...! Therefore, if I can be so bold to ask a few 'shortcut' questions - any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mugs -
Is it possible to get my hands on a mug press and starter kit for less than £100 - it can even be a good second hander - or would you suggest new is best? also, would equipment would I need and what cost should I expect? Can I use my Epson dx3850 to print the images also?

Mousemats -
Again do I need any special equipment here or can i use my epson printer on special paper - can the images be ironed on or do I need a heat press? Perhaps it is possible to buy a combined press?

Anything else - as you can guess I'm looking to do this fairly ecomonically at first, maybe trying to sell the odd item to family, friends, perhaps ebay - and then if I can find something thats sells well and makes a good return, then perhaps expand... any help gratefully accepted!!!!

Many thanks!
:?

Justin
09-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Hi Lee and welcome to the forum! You'll probably find the answers to many of your questions already here but I've copied this post into the General Dye Sub Chit Chat section. That way it keeps the welcome section clear and you'll get more exposure with each specific query.

Cheers for now,

Justin :D
DSF Admin

VSW
09-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Thanks Justin - I'll have a scout about!
Cheers
Lee

Paul
09-08-2010, 06:13 PM
welcome on our board Lee!

bms
09-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Welcome along.

VSW
09-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Thankyou both!

And feel free to part any wisdom should you be overflowing!

:lol: