PDA

View Full Version : First jigsaw, advice needed.

malfunction
08-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Hi all, Iv'e just done my first jigsaw and while i'm quite happy with it there is a bit of rippling where some of the pieces fit together, I don't know if the rippling is visible in the attached pic, could it be down to pressure or damp. It's a corelgraph blank and I think it's xpres ink and paper (it came with the printer and thats what I was told)
Any other thoughts or criticisms welcome.
http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3297&stc=1

ArferMo
08-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Did you use a silicone foam pad on top of the paper to even the pressure out because the cut edges become compressed and the jigsaw is far from flat.

malfunction
08-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Did you use a silicone foam pad on top of the paper to even the pressure out because the cut edges become compressed and the jigsaw is far from flat.

Thank you for quick reply, No I just used silicone paper top and bottom, is the silicone pad the "baking sheet" type of thing? I was going to buy one of those from asda earlier but they had sold out. I need one for doing rock slate pic as shown in Pauls video. I don't have a silicone pad on the bottom either the heat press came without one, iv'e been using a folded towel which has worked ok for t shirt vinyl. Any idea on a supplier of these sheets please.

ArferMo
08-02-2015, 08:44 PM
No its like a sheet or rubber 1mm or 2mm or 3mm thick. When in the press it compresses to give an even pressure all over an uneven substrate like your jigsaw so that you get a good even print.

ArferMo
08-02-2015, 08:45 PM
No its like a sheet or rubber 1mm or 2mm or 3mm thick. When in the press it compresses to give an even pressure all over an uneven substrate like your jigsaw so that you get a good even print.

You still use the silicone baking paper between the transfer paper and the silicone rubber sheet to stop excess transfer ink getting on the rubber blanket.