PDA

View Full Version : New Member, Hello to all

tmp55
10-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Hi,

Another newbie to the dye sub forum.

I do photography and have been looking for ways to broaden my product range.

I've recently aquired a Jarin HF400 heat press, Jarin HF 2000 mug press, A horizontal loading plate press which I'm still awaiting further info on and an Epson Stylus colour 980 printer which came with a large ammount of ink. All were bought as a job lot along with some consumables from the same seller who's now retired.

All I need to do now is work out how to use them all, I do have an A3 laminated guide for temps/times etc which came with the presses but need to know the printing process, I've seen DVD's for sale which are supposed to explain the process inside-out but which is the most informative?

At present I'm looking to source the best type of paper for mug printing, T-shirt printing etc.

Also been reading on the forum about teflon protective sheet, silicone sheet and greaseproof paper, so theres quite a bit to take in before starting.

Justin
10-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi Tom, what inks do you have with that printer? I don't think it was ever supported for sublimation (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Many members use Trupix papers with great results, Xpres also do a decent paper and there are a few others but if you're just starting out I'd go with one of these and give yourself the best possible start.

bms
10-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Epson Stylus colour 980 printer
Gosh, that's going back some time - I think when shillings were still in circulation it was supported :) Seriously though I think it was okay at the time. I'd be amazed if it still printed okay as it must be years old by now...

Justin
10-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Copied your initial post into General dye sub category Tom, you'll get more exposure there ;)

tmp55
10-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Hi Tom, what inks do you have with that printer? I don't think it was ever supported for sublimation (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

The inks are made by sensient imaging technologies and have S4 Subli written on them along with the colour code

John G
10-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Just googled them - American company

Paul
10-08-2010, 07:55 PM
welcome tom!
I would not bothered wit those dvd's :) I saw most of them. on non of them is enough to learn iam affraid :( just stay with us and you will b printing in few days... maybe hours.

tmp55
10-08-2010, 09:26 PM
OK Paul thanks for letting me know, Kaz suggested Utube so I've been searching around that and will keep browsing around the forums.

fredster
11-08-2010, 02:03 AM
welcome from another recent newbie.
I also got into it fo rmy photography stuff as well and until now i had only used my home printer for menial jobs and the odd dvd cover :D
i watched a video clip on youtube about mug pressing and went from there.. teh advice from members in here has been invaluable and now im printing mugs with no bother at all .
everyones right ...you dont need the dvds and this place will always help you out if u get in bother.

tmp55
11-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi Jeff

Thanks for your reply, I had a look at your posts about mug pressing and found that the replies have answered quite a few of the questions I was going to ask.

I need to source some paper to get started so will be having a look at the BMS site.

I'm finding this site a mine of information and the users a friendly bunch.

Paul
11-08-2010, 02:28 PM
OK Paul thanks for letting me know, Kaz suggested Utube so I've been searching around that and will keep browsing around the forums.
utube is good place to go for some visual tips. and if u lucky u may find my video about mug pressing. one of the first ones on utube heh...