PDA

View Full Version : New Member, Hello to all

tmp55
10-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Hi,

Another newbie to the dye sub forum.

I do photography and have been looking for ways to broaden my product range.

I've recently aquired a Jarin HF400 heat press, Jarin HF 2000 mug press, A horizontal loading plate press which I'm still awaiting further info on and an Epson Stylus colour 980 printer which came with a large ammount of ink. All were bought as a job lot along with some consumables from the same seller who's now retired.

All I need to do now is work out how to use them all, I do have an A3 laminated guide for temps/times etc which came with the presses but need to know the printing process, I've seen DVD's for sale which are supposed to explain the process inside-out but which is the most informative?

At present I'm looking to source the best type of paper for mug printing, T-shirt printing etc.

Also been reading on the forum about teflon protective sheet, silicone sheet and greaseproof paper, so theres quite a bit to take in before starting.

Kaz
10-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Hiya and welcome to the minefield that is sublimation :lol:

I use trupix for ceramics and jetcol for tshirts.

Have a look on youtube, there are loads of great videos that show you how the process goes.

tmp55
10-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Hi Kaz

Thanks for your reply i'll have a look

regards

Tom

Ian M
10-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Hi Tom & welcome aboard.

Kaz has her finger on the button with the advice & I learnt a lot from watching the You Tube videos too when I first started.

Ian