PDA

View Full Version : RICOH GX e3300n A4 Colour Gel Printer

VSW
11-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi all - I was reading an older thread about this printer and wondered if this Gel ink is another version of sub ink?

http://www.printerland.co.uk/RICOH-GX-e ... 09296.aspx (http://www.printerland.co.uk/RICOH-GX-e3300n-P109296.aspx)

Cheers

Lee

:geek:

John G
11-08-2010, 09:58 PM
No - you have to buy the sub ink cartridges to put into the printer - the one you have shown is standard ink, not sub. BMS sell these printers with sub ink.

VSW
11-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Thanks John - I've been getting a lot of help from Martin - and I will be placing my order through him when he's back from his holiday - and me from mine :twisted: but still learning about these things!

I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions yet! :mrgreen:

bms
11-08-2010, 10:17 PM
if this Gel ink is another version of sub ink
John G's right - the ink for use with the Ricoh printers is called SubliJetR ink. The printer from the link is £111 +vat and a full set of SubliJetR ink cartridges is £155 - £160 +vat to buy separately so again it's the ink that costs the money. The Ricoh GXe3300 with SubliJetR inks varys from supplier to supplier and prices range from around £250 +vat upwards

John G
11-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Hi Martin, Is it possible to use Chromablast inks in a Ricoh 5050n. I was that impressed with the Ricoh I bought a spare for back up but if possible i'd like to run it with Chromblast inks. Looking at sawgrass site it seems to be just the 7000 and 3300 that are supported - but if anyone knows, you would. :)

Cheers John

bms
11-08-2010, 10:29 PM
I spoke to Sawgrass about the very same thing earlier this week. Only the GXe3300 and GX7000 are supported for ChromaBlast (in the Ricoh line up). Whilst the ink cartridges in the GX5050 and GX7000 are the same there must be some issues. Sawgrass have repeatedly sent out notices to the distributors emphasising which specific Ricoh printers are supported. Whilst the GX7000 cartridges will go into the GX5050, if it doesn't print properly then...

VSW
11-08-2010, 11:35 PM
just so I'm clear - is there a variety of different sublimatation inks then? For example can you get different sub inks for the epson and ricoh? Or do sawgrass have the monopoly? For example, Chromablast inks - are they a cheaper version?

Confused? :roll: I've just read my text back and I am now.

:geek:

bms
12-08-2010, 08:49 AM
ChromaBlast is only for cotton - not to be confused with sublimation. A different process altogether.

Sawgrass inks go under various names - Artainium (most popular in UK) for Epson printers, SubliJetIQ (US mainly plus a couple of suppliers in UK) for Epson, Rotech (popular in Europe) for Epson printers. SubliJetR for Ricoh printers (this ink is more viscous as this is necessary for the Ricoh printhead). Think that's about it!

Artainium ink is sold by lots of suppliers in the UK, but to make life even more confusing they tend to give it their own supplier brand name to build brand loyalty (or more cynically - to ensure you don't shop around for another supplier!)

Sawgrass do have the monopoly on sublimation inks.