PDA

View Full Version : Digital Rotary Pen Printer Recommendations

morrison.d
22-02-2015, 02:53 PM
Hi,

I know that this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone can help me? I am looking to start my own digital pen printing company. I know that there are a lot of flat bed digital printers out there that can print one side of the pen. I was wondering if anyone know of a company that sells digital printers that can print the whole whole barrel of the pen?

I look forward to chatting with you all soon.

Cheers,
Doug

ArferMo
24-02-2015, 01:05 AM
only a screen printer I believe.

socialgiraffe
24-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Hi Doug

Tricky one. You can get digital printers that will print pens but I am fairly confident in saying that there is no printer that currently prints the whole barrel.

Ones out there are some DTG printers and some smaller UV printers, but they tend to only print 1 side of a pen.

The problem is there is not much call for such a machine. I can purchase printed pens from as little as 6p per pen from the likes of the Pen Warehouse so why bother investing £££££'s in a digital machine. Customers don't want it.

Having said that, you may have a secret idea which I genuinely wish you every success, you may be better following a route of locating blank white pens that you can wrap with UV printed vinyl.

morrison.d
29-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Hi Socialgiraffe,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I will look into the UV wrap print.

Paul
29-03-2015, 06:03 PM
you need to look for rotary pad printer. it does exist ;)

morrison.d
30-03-2015, 09:17 AM
you need to look for rotary pad printer. it does exist ;)

I have had a look at the. But they don't print tints and tones.

Many thanks

pisquee
30-03-2015, 11:58 AM
possible if you could find white pens in the right kind of polymer you could use a vacuum heat press and then sublimate them - may take two pressings to get a whole wrap around, and need a jig making to hold them.