PDA

View Full Version : Screen printing set up

Jason
08-03-2015, 03:38 PM
I really fancy starting screen printing and I've been reading and watching everying I can about the screen printing process and I think I'm going going to go for it and get a small set up mainly for garments initially.

I'm thinking of starting with this setup http://www.daveroper.co.uk/store/product/econo-starter-package I would be interested in people's thoughts on this or any recommendations of setups around similar price.

Cheers

Jason

Ps Simon I know you will think I'm mad 😀

Justin
08-03-2015, 04:09 PM
Fantastic idea, now get on with it! lol, just kidding, have fun with it ;-)

socialgiraffe
08-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Jason.... You are mad LOL!!!!

I will not comment on the what or why's as I know you well enough to know that you will have thought everything through, but I will say that Dave Roper has an excellent reputation in the business and has been around for years. Personally I do not think you will go far wrong with him. If you get stuck with inks etc let me know and I will dig out my old contacts.

Good luck matey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jason
09-03-2015, 08:21 PM
Cheers Simon, good to know that Dave Roper have a good reputation as I expect more than ever I'm going to need some technical support and expertise to call upon.

AlanD
09-03-2015, 08:40 PM
Cheers Simon, good to know that Dave Roper have a good reputation as I expect more than ever I'm going to need some technical support and expertise to call upon.
If I had the space or the time I would be tempted, just out of interest how will you generate and separate your artwork and out put to film or is it only spot colour work you will do.

Jason
09-03-2015, 09:01 PM
Hi Alan, initially I'm only planning on spot colour work, 1 or 2 colours max, need to get to grips with the basics before getting into cmyk process and the likes.

socialgiraffe
09-03-2015, 11:57 PM
cmyk process

Plus your flash white, and then there is the puff and what about the glitter highlights LOL!!!

So glad I got out :wink:

logos unlimited
16-07-2015, 08:58 AM
Hi Jason did you get yourself sorted and did you go with Roper ?

Jason
23-07-2015, 11:57 PM
Hi Jason did you get yourself sorted and did you go with Roper ?
Hi,

Yes I got a 6 colour 4 station Riley Hopkins press, not done a lot with it yet though to be honest, I also bought a DTG. All the gear and no idea! :-)

screenstretch
10-02-2016, 01:17 PM
Hi Jason, treat yourself to a cheap starter kit if you can, till you get more experience.There are plenty of deals out their. Good luck in your new adventure:redface:

Justin
10-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Bit of an old thread, you'll notice above that Jason already bough the setup :-)