PDA

View Full Version : Roland or GCC Puma 3

colmac01
01-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Hi everyone, I am after some advice and guidance. I am buying a new vinyl cutter. I have got 3 choices.

GCC Puma 3, Roland GS 24 or a GCC Jaguar. I would welcome your Input.:confused:

Justin
01-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Graphtec 6000 :-). From your list I'd probably favour the Roland.

Paul
01-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Roland! but not sure if i would go for the newest model... I own GX24 and is superb! and probably much cheaper ;)

nice test here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlvfETsfgBM&spfreload=10

ASO Embroidery
01-04-2015, 08:00 PM
I go with Justin on this one Graphtec every time I went through all these models at the P&P Show The new Roland was working out slightly cheaper than the Graphtec but going by what the Roland guy I spoke to at the show said. it has some newer features compared to the older model. The puma and Jaguar being considerably cheaper but slower than the others but for me the Graphtec every time.

Sammy

colmac01
01-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Thanks guys, I had dismissed the graphtec, not sure why. Who would you suggest to get that from?

ArferMo
01-04-2015, 09:03 PM
At most shows it's a Graphtec more often than not thats being used in the background as a cutter irrespective of what the trader is selling at the show.

AlanD
01-04-2015, 10:06 PM
At most shows it's a Graphtec more often than not thats being used in the background as a cutter irrespective of what the trader is selling at the show.

I have both Graphtec FC3600 drag knife and a Summa tangential head T750, both excellent but if I were pressed I'd go for a Graphtec. Any plotter from the main manufacturers is going to be good (Roland, Graphtec, Summa, Mutoh, Mimaki in no particular order)

Justin
01-04-2015, 10:14 PM
Agree with Paul as well, the older Rolands are great but do hold a good second hand value.

ASO Embroidery
01-04-2015, 10:20 PM
Hi
I went around everybody and there granny at the show and being a Scot and from Paisley where we are traditionally known for having short arms and long pockets and don't like spending our own money the best deal I could get was from the Magic touch and that included the stand . I also Have a local MDP near me and they also gave me a good price so that's the ones to try first. The Graphtec is more expensive than the puma and jaguar but a far better cutter IMHO .Hope this helps.

Sammy

logobear
02-04-2015, 03:05 PM
i have graphtec and roland, - the roland is heavier, and seems better built, but we lall prefere the Graphtec, and I would always buy Graphtec as first choicce in the future, oldest is 15+ years old and still good!!

colmac01
02-04-2015, 05:17 PM
Thank you so much everyone. I really appreciate your advice and I have decided to go for the Graphtec CE6000-60. Choice made a lot easier with your honest opinions. This forum is such a help, thanks again guys.