PDA

View Full Version : As a New Starter to Vinyl and Transfers best affordable cutter .Advice please ...

Ravisteam
04-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Hi Guys , I am looking to buy a Vinyl cutter for t-Shirts (A3 max in enough ) ..What is a best affordable and economical cutter (Blades and maintenance ) to go with as a beginner (Cant afford the Roland and Vescamm stuff ) ..??.What you think about Cameo and Chinese eBay ones ....Whats good and bad about Cameo and Chinese cutters on ebay.....Are they reliable and up for the job ??.....Thanks in advance ..

malfunction
04-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Cameos are ok but a bit limited, the chinese ones work albeit a bit noisy. If A3 is enough I would look out for a used Graphtes 3000-40 or 5000-40. they cut up to 40cm wide, the 5000-40 has optical eye for contour cutting with suitable software, it also has servo motors so quieter and more robust. they can be bought secondhand for the price of a new cameo or chinese cutter. Genuine blades are expensive but most people use copy blades which are about £5 for 5.

Ravisteam
05-04-2015, 03:43 AM
Cameos are ok but a bit limited, the chinese ones work albeit a bit noisy. If A3 is enough I would look out for a used Graphtes 3000-40 or 5000-40. they cut up to 40cm wide, the 5000-40 has optical eye for contour cutting with suitable software, it also has servo motors so quieter and more robust. they can be bought secondhand for the price of a new cameo or chinese cutter. Genuine blades are expensive but most people use copy blades which are about £5 for 5.

Thanks for your advice ...Ill look for Graphtec too...