PDA

View Full Version : First Cutter

Disky
09-04-2015, 12:39 AM
Well today has been a huge step into the unknown for me,,, but, it has been fairly rewarding.

Firstly, my heat press arrived..................... from ebay, i had ordered it before i read reviews here :(
its from Heatpress Online and its 38cmx38cm, bigger than i thought it would be............. quite funny watching the delivery driver try to get it out his van lol

Anyhoo, plugged it in and away it went, got the infrared temp gun out and it goes from +4 degrees to -6 degrees in the corners :(, but after the full thing had warmed up for about 10-15 mins the temps stabilised to about 5 degrees variance across the platen at 180 degrees. Not tested it on fabric as yet.

THEN

Got a text from, wait for it............ ARGOS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, package delivered on the day it was meant to be....... thats a good start.

It was my Liyu SC631 Non laser eye model as i heard the optical isnt actually an optical but a non efficient guide only....

First impressions, well i was waiting for it to be rubbish build quality as its a cheap Chinese machine and to be honest, after reading here i wasnt expecting it to be any good.
Well must say, i was pleasantly surprised by the build quality and initial weight of the cutter, quite substantial and very well packaged.

Did have issues getting it up and running, however You Tube can be a great help ;) loaded some vinyl and even got the test cut done, had to increase the pressure slightly from recommended............. currently on 400 speed and 125 pressure. tried to cut a name in Sign Blazer and woo hoo, after setting the usb correctly, it worked, i was like a 5 year old at Christmas lol.

Tomorrows job will be to build the stand, try to find a decent graphic and try to plot with a pen holder,,, thinking a roll of white lining paper may do the job.

Also bought some t-shit paper from MDP and cutting mat, knife etc etc.......................

Got SignCut Pro in the bundle, but not looked at it yet, but can anyone shed some recommendations on software that can print t-shirt paper and also registration marks so i can try some contour stuff ?

Many thanx, great resource, and loads of help here :)

Raymond

Paul
09-04-2015, 12:54 AM
HI there!
it looks like you will disappear for a month now playing with your new toys ;)
I remember my excitement when it all arrived. Have fun.
P
s. Leave contour cut for later ;)
master your cutter first then go for contour cut.

All the best
Paul

Disky
09-04-2015, 01:01 AM
cheers Paul, best bit is,,,, the Mrs doesnt know yet,,, she'll crap herself when she ventures into the spare room hahahahahahah

Paul
09-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Buuuahahahhaaaaa :D thats even better! put some recording device inside and post on here her face once she walk in :D

mr-gobby
09-04-2015, 06:37 PM
When she 'craps' herself she can use the 'T-shit' paper you got from MDP! lol. Good idea to check the plate temperature spread with an infrared gun, Screwfix do titan ones for about £30 + vat. Hope it all goes well
Mark

Disky
09-04-2015, 07:53 PM
lol,, well we were talking about t shirts and vinyl and stuff todday, so i went and installed signcut pro, and cut my first t shirt vinyl,,,, looks not too bad, she thought it was nice for 1st attempt,,, then about an hour later, i heard this noise from the spare room,,,, something like "what the F*%$ is this huge thing up here hahahahahaha

Think shes calmed down now lol

p.s. The press worked well, just gave it an extra few seconds and preheated garment to get any moisture out first..

decca591
19-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Hi all

I too am a newcomer to this strange new world, plenty of help and advice on here, note the comment from Paul about mastering the cutter first, this is a project that will take some time to master - but I'm up for the challenge - what could possibly go wrong ;-)

Decca