PDA

View Full Version : Football tops

John G
17-08-2010, 09:21 PM
I've bought the new toon top and want to put a badge and name on the back - has anybody sublimated onto a football top and if so what were the settings, heat and time please. As you know these are quite expensive and i don't want to burn it or be left with a faint image.

Its 100% polyester with white patch on back where I want to print.

Cheers John

Andrew
17-08-2010, 09:30 PM
I did some football tops recently and I am sure they were pressed for 45 secs at 185c. We started of on a lesser time initially of 30 secs but the extra 10/15 seconds gave a bolder colour. They looked great as we put a gradient and logo into the numbers so much better than vinyl.

Disclaimer...... my memory ain't great so I could be totally wrong and don't want you to get your shirt damaged...... even if it is a dodgy club ;)

John G
17-08-2010, 09:38 PM
They were pretty dodgy last night :oops:

I'll see if I can find an old shirt from a few seasons ago and give it a whirl with your timings, still interested if other peeps have done this and their results.

Cheers John

Andrew
17-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Sunderland have nice bright colours on their shirt instead of that dowdy looking black and white kit. Might be a good time for change of club :lol:

John G
17-08-2010, 09:54 PM
:evil: how very dare you! :lol:

Justin
17-08-2010, 09:58 PM
I did a little subb'ing onto football shirts a few years back, seem to remember similar settings as mentioned above, got some great results using vinyl as well fo rthe 3 colour logos.

I went to a local sports warehouse type placey and bought the cheapest shirt I could find to practice on. Covered it in logos etc. but it saved me messing someone's best kit up!

John G
17-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Good idea Justin, i'll see if I can find some old stock reduced at sports/soccerworld - metrocentre and have a practice.

Cheers John

chongsta
17-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Hi John,

I do the sponsors logo's for a local football kit company - Bergoni.

All of their garments are sub-dye coloured and many kits have stripes. I use this:

http://www.grafityp.co.uk/Textile/texti ... block.html (http://www.grafityp.co.uk/Textile/textile-grafi-c-print-ink-block.html)

Its especially for polyester kits, doesnt fade and will block out anything under it, hence calling it Block Out lol.

You could give that a try. I used to use normal printable textile vinyl but it was so thin that you could see stripes and any colour from the garment under it.

cheers
Dave.

accdave
18-08-2010, 08:09 AM
They were pretty dodgy last night :oops:

Can't help with the shirt issue but hope they are dodgy next week.

We supply some merchandise to Accrington Stanley and sponsor thier Official Supporters club :D

John G
18-08-2010, 10:19 AM
The footy top is black and white stripes - I take it this design has been sublimated onto the material. Will I have any problems with the black and white if the heat press covers these stripes.

Accrington who :shock:
Should be a good game - i'll be watching it from Olu Deniz in Turkey :P :D

John G
18-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Timings were fine, 185 at 45 seconds - its like a mesh shirt and I think this has effected how the finished print looks. The blacks look a little light but practised on an old top 1st, non mesh, and it looked cracking so all I can put it down to is the mesh type material.

More than happy with end result - Just got to stop my hands shaking and bring my heart rate down a little :lol: the wife, who bought me the shirt as a pressy, didn't want me to print it just incase I knacked it. :D