PDA

View Full Version : can Cameo 2 work with CorelDraw 5-6 ??..

Ravisteam
22-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Hi guys .. Does anyone know how to link Cameo 2 with CorelDraw 6 ..??...Thanks in advance .

ASO Embroidery
22-04-2015, 07:01 PM
Hi don't have a cameo 2 but mine is just linked direct by usb and works fin. As far as I'm aware there shouldn't be much difference connection wise

Sammy

ASO Embroidery
22-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Hi Sorry should have said I run x7 works fine for me

Sammy

KathG
22-04-2015, 08:55 PM
Hi Ravisteam, if you want to be able to cut from CorelDraw you need to buy the plugin. It's called the Silhouette Connect Plugin.
if you go to The Yolo website and click on the Silhouette store link you will see it there.

Kath

ASO Embroidery
22-04-2015, 10:59 PM
Hi KathG
Not disagreeing with you about silhouette connect if you wish to cut direct from Corel to the cameo software but you can send it to the Cameo by the usual method saving the file and opening in the cameo software as you will know its just a easier and quicker method but its about £39 to buy so personally I go by the cheaper method.

Sammy

Ravisteam
26-04-2015, 01:25 PM
Hi Ravisteam, if you want to be able to cut from CorelDraw you need to buy the plugin. It's called the Silhouette Connect Plugin.
if you go to The Yolo website and click on the Silhouette store link you will see it there.

Kath

Thanks for your advice ....

Ravisteam
26-04-2015, 01:27 PM
Hi KathG
Not disagreeing with you about silhouette connect if you wish to cut direct from Corel to the cameo software but you can send it to the Cameo by the usual method saving the file and opening in the cameo software as you will know its just a easier and quicker method but its about £39 to buy so personally I go by the cheaper method.

Sammy

Hi ASO , So can you open Corel .crd files in Cameo software ..??. Ive seen somewhere that you cant ..!!

KathG
26-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Hi Ravisteam, I'm not sure about the Cameo software opening .crd files, but all you would need to do is export from CorelDraw choosing to save as an SVG file, then you would import the SVG file into the Silhoutte studio software. One thing though you will need to have the Designer Edition of the Silhouette software to do this.

Kath

ASO Embroidery
26-04-2015, 07:37 PM
Hi Ravisteam
Yup concur with Kath that's the way I do it. And that's something I had forgot you do need the designer edition software to do it Although as Kath says its a lot easier with the connect plugin but me being a Scot I save the money LOL.

Sammy.

Ravisteam
27-04-2015, 11:00 PM
Hi Ravisteam
Yup concur with Kath that's the way I do it. And that's something I had forgot you do need the designer edition software to do it Although as Kath says its a lot easier with the connect plugin but me being a Scot I save the money LOL.

Sammy.

Thanks KathyG and Sammy ...Ill get the Designer edition then ...Thanks a lot again ..

PhotoFactory
30-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Thanks KathyG and Sammy ...Ill get the Designer edition then ...Thanks a lot again ..

Hi Ravisteam

Check out this link for what you are after.

http://www.silhouettecameo.co.uk/silhouette-connect.html