PDA

View Full Version : Light inkjet transfer paper

leethesign
17-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Didn't really know where to put this question, so I've bunged it here.........

I've just got some light ikjet paper to try and here's what happened:

The print was fine and I applied it using the recommended temp/time settings. When I tried to peel it, some of the paper
stuck to the transfer and after I tried re-pressing it a couple of times to soften the ink up I still couldn't get all of it orf.
So.....I soaked the front of the shirt to soften the paper - that was O.K., the paper softened and I managed to scrape it off
BUT - the colours in the print ran - predominantly the red.

So there we are - where did I go wrong? ... was the temp/time too high (or too low)? - I used 180º for 15 secs - should the print be left for a while to cure before getting it wet?

Should I not bother at all and go back to training as a nuclear physicist and part-time brain surgeon or try another shirt and see what happens?

Answers on a postcard please...............no, that's no good, they'll never get here ..............suggestions welcomed.

Ta Ta - going to bye byes now, it's an hour later here than back in Blighty and I'm in dire need of some beauty sleep. I'll have a look when I get up tomorrow and see whether there are any suggestions before I cock up more shirts!

purpledragon
19-08-2010, 12:44 AM
what printer / ink are you using ? is it durabright ink/ not all ink jet inks are colour fast when wet, What transfer paper are you using the stuff i use you take the backing paper off before pressing
Brett

leethesign
19-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Hi Brett,

I'm using Epson, as I guess most do. I don't know the make of the paper, but it's from the Tansfer Press, so I don't
think the problem's there - it's more likely to be something I'm not doing properly. The previous couple of prints I
did were O.K. although I can't think of anything I did differently.

Lee

purpledragon
19-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi Lee
its odd that you leave the paper on while pressing are sure thats how you do those with that paper. As i said before i have to peel the paper off mine before pressing also the ink has got to be epson durabrite or equivilent if you want it to be colour fast
Brett

leethesign
19-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Yep, it's Epson Durabrite, and the paper is definitely one sheet - nothing to `peel. It's obviously something I've done wrong. I'll have another go on an old shirt and see what occurs.

Lee