PDA

View Full Version : silloutte cameo Problems........Again

Bob700
06-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Hi
I bought a used Cameo and I had it a good few months before I got round to using it and I've had nothing but problems with it. The blade settings have to be way too high in order for it to even get close to cutting and when it cuts it leaves details out on what I'm trying to cut, I tried buying a new blade but that didn't work in short it's very hit and miss and it's driving me crazy. I've used Craft Robo's in the past and never had a problem with them, I don't know what to do with the Cameo, I won't sell it to anyone else as I wouldn't like to pass a problem machine, if anyone has any ideas on how to rectify these problems I would very much appreciate it, I'm also in the market for a fully working CR.

Thanks Bob

viccar
08-05-2015, 07:44 PM
What are you cutting?
What are your settings?

Do a basic thin rectangle going all the way across whatever you are cutting, does it cut that out ok? or is it missing bits out

harlequeen
08-05-2015, 08:34 PM
Maybe the metal strip needs replacing, I think I read that these can affect the cutting in this way.

Dave271069
08-05-2015, 08:47 PM
check you settings, The thickness is set on mine quite high but the blade number is low,

Bob700
08-05-2015, 10:33 PM
I've finally got it cutting on the correct settings, blade 1, speed 8 and thickness 4 but it seems to miss parts of a cut for example not fully cutting a letter or completely missing out a coma I've checked the cutting strip and it looks ok, I'll try the rectangle but chances are it will cut it ok but miss something inside it the thing is driving me up the wall, I've used Craft Robos for years and never had a single problem

viccar
08-05-2015, 10:52 PM
The rectangle if it doesnt cut all properly is usualy the blade or strip.
What are you cutting?

viccar
08-05-2015, 10:53 PM
Also check your updates because one of the updates of the software caused this issue, and it suddenly going back to the start position.

Bob700
09-05-2015, 09:20 AM
I'm cutting MDP hotflex, I changed the software to the earlier one I think it was yourself that gave me that advice and it helped because before that it would not cut to the edge of the cutting area.

viccar
11-05-2015, 12:05 PM
For MDP vinyl i use speed 8 thickness 9 and blade 2 as on the software and never have a problem (no mat)http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3452&stc=1

viccar
11-05-2015, 12:07 PM
I've finally got it cutting on the correct settings, blade 1, speed 8 and thickness 4 but it seems to miss parts

you need to up the thickness to 9

see post above use the studio setting that they provide, thats what they are there for if you click on the media it will give you the settings that you should match your machine to.

If you dont use the silhouette cut setting, it doesnt matter what you set anything to it wont cut right.

Bob700
11-05-2015, 06:28 PM
Thank you so much Viccar I'll use the settings, I'll keep you posted, feeling confident that will do the trick

Thanks Bob

Bob700
13-05-2015, 08:21 PM
Hi Viccar
Your settings are working a treat, thank you so much you have saved a cameo, a pane of glass and my hair from being pulled out

Thanks again
Bob