PDA

View Full Version : 'Official' ink system opportunity

Whispered Spirit
18-08-2010, 08:34 PM
I think that last 1 about the press went into the wrong category :lol: Anyway another question (Told ya I'd have some) :roll: I can get a Epson D120 with Sub system (Its the 1 from the official distributor) Yawn! I have read up a little on all the shennanigans going on.
Anyway! the system has 3 colours just over half full Blue Cyan Magenta and the 2 Blacks are a quarter full. It also has Bottles of the above 3 which are 3 quarters full and a black with quarter full. It has the original profile and set up discs and a few bottles of cleaning solution and extra reset chips etc etc, :roll: Would any of you guys with experience pay £160 for this or is the guy asking to much. He was also a hobby worker with it. Ie: main job then doing this on weekends from home so I'd imagine it hasn't been really hammered! any input please.

Justin
18-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Printer itself is worth about £50 new but you don't see many D120's now. What ink is it? Are the bottles labelled? If it's patented ink (Artainium, Rotech etc.) then the bottles full are £60 each so it sounds like it would be worth having around that price.

When you say the colours are half full etc. do you mean cartridges or does it have a CIS bulk ink system?

Find out how old the printer and inks are, when the printer was last used and also if it can print a full nozzle check with no blockages. If it has blockages forget it.

Maybe being a little over cautious but I wonder why he has 'bottles' of head cleaner. Starts me thinking he's had problems due to the inks and/or print heads blocking. Maybe a but unfair to make that assumption but personally I've never bought cleaner.

Whispered Spirit
18-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the reply Justin it is the Rotech sawgrass system bought from original distributor for the stuff the actual bulk system has that much ink in them so I guess with whats in the cartridges its a little more. I will call on him tomorrow and ask him to hook it up as regards the nozzle check, thanks for the heads up. By the look of it non of the cleaning tubes were open just full, Whether they were sold as an addition (making them more money or for caution) I dont know. But if all's well then not a bad deal yes?

Whispered Spirit
18-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Sorry, Yes its the cis that is supplied with the printer

Paul
18-08-2010, 09:48 PM
is worth to ask about best before: date ;)