PDA

View Full Version : Roland GX-24 or GS-24?

Gygafo
03-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Hi all,
I'm desperate for a new cutter (Cameo is just not quite big enough), I was swaying towards the Roland GX-24 so that I can cut straight from Coreldraw. I have jobs waiting and wanted to order this week, however, I notice that there is a new model on the market in the guise of the Roland GS-24. Has anyone got the GS and would you recommend it? The blurb say's it's an improvement over the GX - is it?

Cheers!
Nigel.

Justin
03-06-2015, 08:31 PM
I used to have the even earlier version CX24 and this was a great machine. The GX was an improvement on the CX although some still preferred the older model. I've not seen much of the latest GS model but I'm told it's very good. I went the Graphtec route with a CE6000-60 and this is also a brilliant bit of kit :-)

scotty44
03-06-2015, 08:48 PM
I dont think you will go wrong with either model Nigel,
I have ran a Camm1 GX for a few years without a single problem,
love the Roland that much I'm just about to buy a Roland Versacamm :smile:

Paul
03-06-2015, 09:09 PM
as scotty said...
You wont go wrong with any of those machines but this give you a little advantage. GX models should be little bit cheaper right now as GS is newer model for price of new GX ;)
so if you would like to save couple of £££ go for GX. If you need new and under warranty go for GS.

btw... GS wont cook you a dinner. it has a little heavier pressure etc. but GX has plenty enough for NAY vinyl i cut. glitter, flock or flex.

Gygafo
03-06-2015, 09:21 PM
I used to have the even earlier version CX24 and this was a great machine. The GX was an improvement on the CX although some still preferred the older model. I've not seen much of the latest GS model but I'm told it's very good. I went the Graphtec route with a CE6000-60 and this is also a brilliant bit of kit :-)

Hi Justin,
I looked at the Graphtec and they are fantastic bits of kit but I like the fact that I can create something in Coreldraw and then output straight to the Roland via the plug-in rather than exporting designs to the cutters software and creating cut lines etc.

Cheers!
Nigel.