PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Inks

Whispered Spirit
21-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi guys, you know when the inks start to run low in the cis system is it possible to mix brands on refill? is there different consistencies or basically has 1 brand been broken down and just copied by others? Not sure if this has already been asked somewhere but I feel its important to know. Cheer's :mrgreen:

jennywren
21-08-2010, 01:37 PM
i've no idea if mixing and matching works, but for the sake of the printer ect I would'nt do, There was a poem when I was young ( many moons a go) FOR THE WANT OF A NAIL A WAR WAS LOST. I don't expect any one to rember it, but i loved it.

Paul
21-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi guys, you know when the inks start to run low in the cis system is it possible to mix brands on refill? is there different consistencies or basically has 1 brand been broken down and just copied by others? Not sure if this has already been asked somewhere but I feel its important to know. Cheer's :mrgreen:
People says that NO MIXING!!!
all inks r diferend and need diferent ICC for diferent inks. well... say that... :P I decided to have a go and mixed my unbranded 3rd party chinese inks with artanium when I was low on inks :) on my old D88 and it works fine! just changed ICC and prints was good as always. never had heads cloged too. but please... dont quote me on that coz I may be the one lucky guy on this planet :mrgreen:

Whispered Spirit
21-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Hahaha, Nice 1 Paul, Thats what I thought, Surely the consistency of the pigments is very similar. And a tweek to the other manufacturers ics profile could iron out print abnomalies (think thats how ya spell it) :lol:

Surely gotta be more than 1 lucky person on plantet sub! ;)

Whispered Spirit
21-08-2010, 06:10 PM
and if ya do it in a Cis system the results will be even better. :oops: :lol:

Ian M
21-08-2010, 06:47 PM
I like Paul did it too & had no problems at all.

Ian

Whispered Spirit
21-08-2010, 07:40 PM
2 lucky souls eh! :lol: can I ask what you went from and what to? :roll:

Ian M
21-08-2010, 08:13 PM
I went from Rotech to an ink my friends send me from Australia. They have a contact who can get the large format ink & they pass it onto me.

Ian

Whispered Spirit
21-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for that Ian, I heard all about the large format inks, Not for use in desktop machines but in the much bigger machines yes! :lol:

Ian M
21-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I heard all about the large format inks, Not for use in desktop machines but in the much bigger machines yes! :lol:

Thats correct Whispy ;) :D

Paul
21-08-2010, 09:10 PM
and if ya do it in a Cis system the results will be even better. :oops: :lol:
I did it with cis :)