PDA

View Full Version : Liyu SC631e cutting help.

L33R
12-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Hi,

I have just bought my first cutter/plotter. Liyu SC631e. I'm having problems getting it to cut correctly. Its good with large lettering but anything quite small or and it lifts off when I start to weed. Ive tried altering how the blade sits and increasing/decreasing the blade pressure. I just cant seem to get a good setting. Ive been testing on gloss vinyl (that I got with the cutter from signzworld) I was wondering if anyone has any settings they use on various kinds of vinyl?

Thanks for any help

mrs maggot
17-06-2015, 09:32 AM
the blade depth can make such a difference, its a case of making up a test piece, a small square, some std font, some fancy font, all in one sample, then just cut, test adjust, cut test adjust, until its right, i have a sticker on my cutter with the different depths for std vinyl, clothing flex, and reflective - yet they all vary ie the clothing flex varies according to the make so the 123 is thicker from TMT than a standard flex from Dorotape. I have found sometimes, certain fonts are best avoided as never weed well, once they are smaller, its all a learning curve i'm afraid. check the rollers are not too tight, and are allowing a good free yet held movement of the vinyl

L33R
17-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I will start keeping notes for the different kinds of vinyl.

The rollers are leaving an imprint in the vinyl at the moment. I will loosen them when I get home later.

You aren't wrong about a learning curve! lol

gavtheoldskater
27-06-2015, 03:21 PM
my 2p worth... i bought a used creation pcut that was for sale locally very cheap just to try. i'd spent weeks reading up on cutters and talking to people, and honestly i can see why people tear there hair out with these cheap Chinese machines.

long and short, if your liyu is like my p cut, they just don't do too fine. you need to find the machines limits and work to those. same with any cheap kit really.

that said, they are great tools and i'm glad i bought mine, had i bought it new maybe not though, and as soon as funds allow i definitely will buy a decent graphtec or similar.