PDA

View Full Version : laptop pouches

fredster
23-08-2010, 11:01 AM
ok so i know i only bought one to try out but once printed they do look great but ... lol

has anyon eelse used these ? i kno wmartins away otherwise i'd have just asked martin ... once heat is applied to this item it ballooned when i preheated it to rid of moisture, not thinking i just carried on as normal with the print.. which actually looks like because of the ballooning some pf the print has been distorted ... now im thinking i may need to seperate the front from the back somehow for printing .....???

ill get some pics posted later to try n show what i mean,but if anyone has any tips on this item i'd be eternally grateful

R.Prints
23-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Hi jeff,
I presume you are talking about the neoprene sleeves, I got some myself. When I pressed them they did the same thing, but once cooled they went back to original shape. The only problem I have experienced was gettin the print to work right to the edge. The stitching seems to cause the print to stop/fade to the edge. nNext one I will increase pressure and hopefully it will take full print.
Ray.

fredster
23-08-2010, 11:16 AM
cheers ray ..i will try more at a later stage but mine didnt go back to normal and like you the stitching would probably cause issues ... i might try a smaller print next time and use teh white background more in my favour with selective prints...

Andrew
23-08-2010, 09:19 PM
You do need a bit of extra pressure for items like this if the stitching pulls in a bit. The sbr material does then flatten down a bit to account for the stitched area. I don't think a pre-press is required either as the surface polyester is quite porus and the sbr shouldn't have a problem with moisture.

fredster
27-08-2010, 11:23 PM
now youre back martin ...any more tips on these ? :D :D :D :D

bms
28-08-2010, 08:52 AM
I printed one of these before going away and printed on an A3+ sheet, 190 degrees for 60 seconds. The pressure was about the same as a mousemat, nothing overly tight.

The pouch was flimsy, hot and "ballooned" a bit when it came out but is now flat as a pancake in the office. The picture printed fine across the main part of the pouch - some slight fading towards the extremes of the pouch where the stitching is, but the image leant itself a bit to that so it looks good. I think the prepressing might be the problem - I didn't do that.

For information, we might have some smaller versions of these coming in later in the year for the netbooks. I have a couple of samples - one which is just under A4 in size and the other just over A4. The slightly larger size is a better fit for netbooks but if you have an A4 printer then you won't be able to print on them unless you leave a white border or fade out. Just trying to decide which will be better at the moment (and hopefully have these in time for Xmas)...

purpledragon
28-08-2010, 10:57 AM
i reckon the bigger ones would be better
just to support what martin sdaid i pressed the laptop pouch 190 degrees 60 seconds it did all the balooning as described then went back to shape as it cooled. also a great print
Brett

fredster
28-08-2010, 03:03 PM
cheers guys
couldve been teh prepressing then ...oh well still looks great even with the wobbly bottom ... lol
i used the white background as a platform rather than trying to print the full pouch ... stands out more. :D :D :D :D

confidential
29-08-2010, 03:09 AM
I tried one of these 190 @ 60sec with no preheat, it did balloon but soon went back to shape when cooled. The print is very good but because most of the image I used was predominantly black, I had far to much of the white showing through around the stitches and edges. I figured it was because I didn't preheat, but perhaps it needs more pressure?

What paper did you lot use on yours?

Martin can you do me a deal for 3 so I can do some more trials?

bms
29-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Martin can you do me a deal for 3 so I can do some more trials?
Not sure what sort of "deal" I can do - it's still going to cost to send them by courier to you and even on 100+ they're only 25p cheaper... :?

confidential
29-08-2010, 12:33 PM
No worries Martin worth asking, I will add some to my next order. Any idea roughly when you will be getting the notebook size?

bms
29-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Any idea roughly when you will be getting the notebook size
Probably towards the end of October, early November.

JSR
31-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Any chance of some kind of printable pouch for Kindles and other ebook readers?

Given the popularity of the latest Kindle, I'm guessing something thin and sleek might sell well.

bms
31-08-2010, 08:38 AM

Hopefully the netbook sized pouch will be be a one size fits all - it's likely to be around 200mm x 300mm, but if demand proves sufficient for something smaller then this is always a possibility for the future as well.

JSR
31-08-2010, 12:52 PM

Hopefully the netbook sized pouch will be be a one size fits all - it's likely to be around 200mm x 300mm, but if demand proves sufficient for something smaller then this is always a possibility for the future as well.
I think that might be way too big given that a device like the Kindle is only 120x190mm and 8.5mm thick. :lol:

I've never understood why people buy "large" netbooks - defeats the object to me. At 200x300mm, your netbook pouch would swamp my netbook - which measures only 175x225mm.

I should have a Kindle myself soon, so I'll have a better understanding of what I'm thinking about. ;) At the moment, I'm thinking of something thinner than your laptop pouch - perhaps something as thin as a pillowcase but with a soft inner that includes a fastening edge to stop the kindle slipping out.

Given that the "official" cases for a Kindle sells for £30 and £50 (unlike netbooks/laptops which have cases a'plenty on the market already), I just thought that a suitable printable pouch that we could sell for under a tenner might be a good Christmas seller if we can get in quick. However, I doubt that you'd be able to get anything in soon enough to do the job.