PDA

View Full Version : Jet Stream Digital F-35 Dye Sublimation Paper

JetStreamDigital
22-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Hello all,

Jet Stream Digital is more than just your every day, run-of-the-papermill paper manufacturer. We are a cutting-edge team of passionate and vastly experienced individuals working together with a single goal in mind – to become the paper and printing partner, innovator and pioneer that you can trust to get the job done on time, every time.

We are committed to producing and providing high quality and technically innovative products that add value to our customers’ businesses. We also strive to uphold our high level of customer service, supplier commitment and technical support in our dealings with each and every client or partner across the world.

We've recently launched our first paper to the market - F-35, which is available in A4 and A3.

This paper is compatible with all Epson and Ricoh dye sublimation printing platforms.

This product is a hybrid coating technology, which gives you superior print quality for both hard and soft dye sublimation substrates.

Key Benefits

High Ink Release
Super-Fast Drying
Hybrid Print Technology

I am at your disposal for any questions you may have, and should anyone have any feedback whatsoever I'd welcome you to post it within this thread.

Kind regards,

Jimmy Griffin
Operations Manager
Jet Stream Digital (http://www.jetstream-digital.com/)

Justin
22-06-2015, 05:50 PM
Just wanted to add to this thread. Jet Stream very kindly sent me a sample pack of A4 paper to test. I've run it through my Ricoh printers and made comparisons with my usual TruPix paper.

The paper appears slightly thinner than TruPix and is very easy to handle. I ran a number of prints, mainly photographic. I can honestly say that I can find very little difference between the two papers in terms of output quality. If I had to say one had the edge over the other I'd go in favour of the Jet Stream as it appeared to release slightly more ink than the Trupix.

I've been a big advocate of TruPix papers for some time now and was always perfectly happy to pay the extra over other 'economy' papers. The Jet Stream paper is significantly cheaper so I for one will certainly be making the switch. I haven't tested it on wider format yet, maybe another member will get there first but I'll certainly be having a go if roll pricing is as positive as the A4/A3 sheets.

Jimmy has mentioned a possible discount for Premium Members which will make this a no brainer in my opinion.

JetStreamDigital
23-06-2015, 04:26 PM
Justin,

Thanks for that feedback.

I appreciate you taking the time to give others your eval.

Yes, we are looking at how we can offer some discount via resellers for the Premium Members on the forum, so I'll keep you posted on that.

BR,
Jimmy

muddipupmugs
12-08-2015, 12:01 AM
Jimmy also sent us a sample pack on their F-35 A4 paper.
We tested it in our Epson B110 Epson 1500 and Epson 7610 printers and were more than happy with the results.
We did find the paper slightly thinner compared to the Trupix paper we were previously using.

We found the ink release in the F-35 much better and the overall quality of the HD prints far superior to other papers that we tested.
We tested the paper on a various selection of items from ceramics to clothing and glass

All in all, i would recommend switching to the Jetstream F-35 paper, we are hoping that the paper comes out in roll format or A3+ to make the switch complete

JetStreamDigital
12-08-2015, 09:53 AM
Jimmy also sent us a sample pack on their F-35 A4 paper.
We tested it in our Epson B110 Epson 1500 and Epson 7610 printers and were more than happy with the results.
We did find the paper slightly thinner compared to the Trupix paper we were previously using.

We found the ink release in the F-35 much better and the overall quality of the HD prints far superior to other papers that we tested.
We tested the paper on a various selection of items from ceramics to clothing and glass

All in all, i would recommend switching to the Jetstream F-35 paper, we are hoping that the paper comes out in roll format or A3+ to make the switch complete

Adam,

Thanks for initially reaching out to my offer of sample paper.

I'm very happy to read your comments, and I'll keep you posted on all JSD paper developments.

Best regards,
Jimmy

JetStreamDigital
01-10-2015, 10:14 PM
All,

I just wanted to post a video link that we were provided with today. This was created by our UK distributor Dye Sublimation Supplies.

Hopefully this will help anyone who is interested in how F-35 compares in quality to existing mainstream papers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX0QpYMm0Ek

As we've previously offered, we are happy to provide some sheets for testing to anyone who would like to trial.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and support.

BR,
Jimmy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pisquee
02-10-2015, 10:31 AM
Interesting, though not really a fair test to print using your paper with a generic ICC profile made for Sawgrass papers - showing a side by side comparison using bespoke profiling for each paper type would really show the true potential of each paper, especially if done on a pro level printer of more than four colours.
In saying that, it's good that your paper performed well against the overpriced Sawgrass offering.

JetStreamDigital
02-10-2015, 10:38 AM
Interesting, though not really a fair test to print using your paper with a generic ICC profile made for Sawgrass papers - showing a side by side comparison using bespoke profiling for each paper type would really show the true potential of each paper, especially if done on a pro level printer of more than four colours.
In saying that, it's good that your paper performed well against the overpriced Sawgrass offering.

Pisquee,

You're absolutely right. The issue that is sometimes created by having something profiled so heavily towards a specific product, is that it can make all other products look poor when you trial something new.

I think the reason for it being shown this way is that the vast majority of users want a plug and play option without having to do anything. The more experienced you become, the more your eyes are opened to a world of possibilities outside what has been considered the norm/the best.

BR,
Jimmy

Deano82
03-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Thank you for sample work great not getting lines through images like have with other papers as thiner images look sharp even tried pressing same sheet twice as looked like lots of ink left on there and even that looked sharp only shame is very hard to tell which side to print on and that dont get discount with either of the 2 companies that are selling it lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

JetStreamDigital
03-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Hi Dean, thanks for the feedback.

We'll more than likely back print the sheets in the future once we establish the brand.

I'll also talk to our distributors about the forum premium discount to find out their thoughts.

Best regards,
Jimmy

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Isaac11
14-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Do you have distributor in France ?

Thanks

JetStreamDigital
15-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Do you have distributor in France ?

Thanks

Hi Isaac,

Currently, no. We are in talks with 2 however so watch this space.

BR,
Jimmy

Isaac11
15-10-2015, 07:02 PM
In the meantime can I order from you directly I will interested about buying large quantity if quality are same or better than TextPrint-R.
Can we discuss in private Message or by Email ?
Thanks

JetStreamDigital
15-10-2015, 07:14 PM
In the meantime can I order from you directly I will interested about buying large quantity if quality are same or better than TextPrint-R.
Can we discuss in private Message or by Email ?
Thanks
Hi Isaac,

I'll write a DM to you.

BR,
Jimmy

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Deano82
16-10-2015, 07:53 PM
Is this paper ok for polymer mugs and other polymer products

matzy
16-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Are you planning on making this available in standard pre-cut 240mm x 100mm mug sized sheets at all?

JetStreamDigital
17-10-2015, 10:41 PM
Is this paper ok for polymer mugs and other polymer products

Absolutely.

JetStreamDigital
17-10-2015, 10:42 PM
Are you planning on making this available in standard pre-cut 240mm x 100mm mug sized sheets at all?

Currently we have no plans to. Feedback from end users has generally been that they prefer to create templates from either A4 or A3 that gives them the option to print more cost effectively.

arthur.daley
18-10-2015, 06:05 PM

Matzy

Do you have a small family run litho printers near you? If you do, nip in and see if you can do a deal - a few freebie mugs in exchange for them cutting some A4 or A3 down for you.

I notice you wanted 100x240mm - how big are the mugs you are printing and press or oven? Most of the time I can get away with 210 x 95 which means that you get 3 out of an A4 sheet. Cutting down is the kind of job that a printer should only take a minute or two to do so long as you know the exact size you want cutting - don't ask for it to be cut exactly into 3 tell them 3 cuts at 97 or 98 mm which should leave a small offcut strip for the bin. The problem with trying to cut exactly into 3 is that you only need to be a fraction of a millimeter out to cause problems with paper pick up in the printer - prints come out just far enough out of true to cause trouble or worse still not far enough for you to notice immediately ;o)

Arthur

Deano82
19-10-2015, 11:40 AM
Im ordering a3 and cutting down to a4 as get double amount for £4 more lol

matzy
24-10-2015, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the info and advice @JetStreamDigital and @arthur.daley. Fortunately we do have a small litho company in the town who offers a guillotining service so i'll be paying them a visit.

The 100mm x 240mm size I chose was based on the precut TexPrint-R paper.

GoonerGary
03-11-2015, 12:46 AM
I tried a couple of boxes of the A4 paper. I'm profiled for TruPix paper so used the same setting for the F-35 paper. I'm assuming that thinner paper allows better ink release or is there something more technical going on? But I'm finding it much easier to print mugs with this paper. Dark full wrap colours would require extra time in the press when using TruPix, but this is printing nice and even without the extra 30 seconds or so required for TruPix. The F-35 paper travels through the printer well.

Main criticism is the occasional crease in the paper which looks like manufacturing problems. These creases appear in printing mugs. I get the odd blowout on delicate text, but with the higher release of ink I should probably reduce the time on some designs. I'd also recommend stronger packaging to prevent damage.

JetStreamDigital
03-11-2015, 07:32 AM
GoonerGary,

Thanks for the feedback.
The slightly thinner F-35 paper has seen plenty of ceramic producers switch from mainstream papers because of the fantastic results.

I'm interested to know more about the occasional crease you've mentioned, as I haven't heard of this before. Have you experienced this in more than one pack? You feel it's due to the packaging, or it's existing prior to being placed in a pack?

Thanks again,
Jimmy

GoonerGary
03-11-2015, 11:38 AM
Hi,

You can see the 'creases' when you hold the paper up to the light. I would describe them as flattened creases, some areas of very thin paper and normal thickness paper. So it would be happening during the manufacturing stage. I've only had two boxes so I'm sure it was on both. I'll check the remaining sheets and show you an example.

I would really recommend re-profiling and using a different printer paper setting as I have too much ink going onto the F-35 leaving the paper buckled as it struggles to hold the amount of ink on there. But as I said it prints big blocks of dark ink really well onto ceramics making it easier to print.

JetStreamDigital
03-11-2015, 02:22 PM
Hi,

You can see the 'creases' when you hold the paper up to the light. I would describe them as flattened creases, some areas of very thin paper and normal thickness paper. So it would be happening during the manufacturing stage. I've only had two boxes so I'm sure it was on both. I'll check the remaining sheets and show you an example.

I would really recommend re-profiling and using a different printer paper setting as I have too much ink going onto the F-35 leaving the paper buckled as it struggles to hold the amount of ink on there. But as I said it prints big blocks of dark ink really well onto ceramics making it easier to print.

Yes, please send me some images when you can - I'd be happy to see them as we've not heard of this before.
Glad you like the paper with your ceramics.
What inks are you currently using? Are you printing with a Epson or Ricoh?

BR,
Jimmy

GoonerGary
03-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Epson and Inktec.

Picture-Perfect-Gifts
11-12-2015, 03:56 PM
Just brought some of this paper and have to agree with Deano82 its very hard to tell which side to print on :-0 JetStreamDigital when do you plan to back print the sheets?

ArferMo
11-12-2015, 05:52 PM
Never tried this Jet paper yet I've always used truepix since 2007, ran out last week and tried a sample of TMT's paper, quite thick and clearly printed on the back so you know which side to use.

I've found the extra thickness useful as the truepix would bleed through the paper and imprint on to the wraps. The extra thickness of this TMT paper seems to eliminate that problem.

I suppose to be fair I ought to get some Jet paper to try.

JMugs
12-12-2015, 12:20 PM
Hi AferMO
The jetstream paper is very thin, but I have had less bleed bleed through than I did with Trupix. No idea how that works!

ArferMo
12-12-2015, 01:10 PM
Thanks JMugs that's good to know.

kevt19
12-12-2015, 04:12 PM
Currently using Xpres A4 Sublimation paper. I'm happy with the finished products i've tested on 11oz mugs.

Has anybody used Jet Stream F35 paper & the Xpres Sublimation paper for comparison results?

The Jet Stream F35 is a little bit cheaper than Xpres if i'm correct, but watching the Dye Sub Supplies video at the beginning of the post Jet Stream F35 seems very impressive
considering price!

mags1892
14-12-2015, 09:37 AM
Currently using Xpres A4 Sublimation paper. I'm happy with the finished products i've tested on 11oz mugs.

Has anybody used Jet Stream F35 paper & the Xpres Sublimation paper for comparison results?

The Jet Stream F35 is a little bit cheaper than Xpres if i'm correct, but watching the Dye Sub Supplies video at the beginning of the post Jet Stream F35 seems very impressive
considering price!

Ive got tests from them both the jetstream is as good as the xpres paper infact it has a slightly higher release so you wont notice a degredation if you moved over quite the opposite in fact.

kevt19
14-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Well that is good to hear Mags. If the quality is the same if not better, then there is no reason I should'nt try Jet Stream if they are cheaper.

I'll be ordering some Jet Stream later today.

Thanks for tipping me about your test results!

Samstables
15-12-2015, 12:40 PM
I have had great results with the JetStream paper - I actually prefer it to the TextPrint (which only seems OK if you print the day before you use it, otherwise it's too inky!), some random brand selling on Amazon (which I didn't find to be Epson friendly at all and wasted LOADS of blanks on it before sending it back for a refund) and rather similar to TruPix. I will certainly be buying JetStream next time. Thanks Jimmy for the sample!!

JMugs
15-12-2015, 03:36 PM
So what paper choice are you folks using if using powerdriver and sawgrass ink through a ricoh? I profile my printers so curious as I find the greens and reds are a little less strong if I use powerdriver on Trupix setting for ceramic then print to a mug.....and yes I do like to fiddle, before anybody is asking why if I do my own profiles.

Janners

mags1892
15-12-2015, 04:45 PM
So what paper choice are you folks using if using powerdriver and sawgrass ink through a ricoh? I profile my printers so curious as I find the greens and reds are a little less strong if I use powerdriver on Trupix setting for ceramic then print to a mug.....and yes I do like to fiddle, before anybody is asking why if I do my own profiles.

Janners

What products do you transfer to when making profiles ?

JMugs
15-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Whatever product I am printing on, with the exception of mugs where I find my Unisub plaques profile is ideal.

mags1892
15-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Whatever product I am printing on, with the exception of mugs where I find my Unisub plaques profile is ideal.

Yeah mugs would be a problem too reflective for the measuring device it can be a real pain in the derriere ;)

Ian66
15-12-2015, 10:30 PM
I have just had two t shirts with a ghost image printed from a previous pressing using Jet Stream paper. It seems that the image has bled through onto my Teflon sheet. I never had this problem with the BMS paper so can only assume it's because it is thinner. I have been impressed with the quality but this problem has put me off a bit.

k21john
16-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Just a quick, has anyone used Jetstream on the white cushions supplied by BMS as I've a small batch to do for a christmas pressie....

JMugs
16-12-2015, 08:23 PM
I have just had two t shirts with a ghost image printed from a previous pressing using Jet Stream paper. It seems that the image has bled through onto my Teflon sheet. I never had this problem with the BMS paper so can only assume it's because it is thinner. I have been impressed with the quality but this problem has put me off a bit.

I always have 2 sheets of chipshop paper over the print, cheap disposable and avoids this ever happening....after having that situation with T-shirts and trupix when I first started.

Janners

GoonerGary
17-12-2015, 11:23 AM
I found that I got ghosting when using Jet Stream. I put it down to the paper being thinner and removing it trickier with my finger nail. If the paper falls back down onto the product when you are trying to remove the transfer, the soft coating will pick up the image again.

mags1892
17-12-2015, 11:14 PM
I found that I got ghosting when using Jet Stream. I put it down to the paper being thinner and removing it trickier with my finger nail. If the paper falls back down onto the product when you are trying to remove the transfer, the soft coating will pick up the image again.

this has never happened to me with their paper maybe your not taping it tight or removing it too soon.

GoonerGary
18-12-2015, 02:32 AM
Using the same method as I have done so for the last 10+ years!

JetStreamDigital
07-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Hi all, somehow I've only just seen all of these replies.

Great to hear the feedback - the ghosting one is a strange one indeed. I'd certainly be interested in hearing more about that from the ones who can provide more information. It's never bled through on our tests either so would love to find our your print settings / ink loads.

Thanks to all who continue to try the paper, and sorry again that it's taken me a little time to respond! You have my full attention :-)

BR,
Jimmy

S2DZ
24-01-2018, 08:49 AM
Hi Everybody,
a recently, bougth a Rico SG3110DN with Sublisplash Sublimation Ink and a pack of 100 Sheet of F 35 Jet Stream Sublimation Paper A4.
I installed the printer and the ICC profile provided by Sublisplash. After 2 prints of test e pressed on mug, the quality is not fine. My questions:
1-How to Identify the correct side printing of the paper?
2-What are the correct printing configuration (in the printer).

Thanks!
S2DZ

webtrekker
24-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Too many variables for just two tests.

What software are you printing from?
Is the profile set up correctly in the software?
Have you set your printer driver to allow the software to manage colour?
What press are you using and what are your times and temps?

With most sublimation papers you can tell the printing side by simply licking a finger and placing it on the corner of the paper. It will stick most to the coated, printing side.

UK Printed Mugs
24-01-2018, 11:42 AM
There is an old thread on here about Jet Stream paper. Us and others trialled it but the quality wasn't very good so didn't continue using it.

S2DZ
24-01-2018, 12:50 PM
A: CorelDraw

A: According to the instructions, yes.

A: Yes.

A: According to the instrunctions: 200ºc at 4 minutes or 240 sec.
https://www.fabriprint.pt/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/600x600/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/s/t/st-210.jpg

S2DZ
24-01-2018, 12:54 PM
There is an old thread on here about Jet Stream paper. Us and others trialled it but the quality wasn't very good so didn't continue using it.

Thanks, for the advice. What do you suggest in alternative as the best choice. I want a paper for best quality as possible.

JetStreamDigital
26-01-2018, 02:44 PM

With all due respect to you UKPM, there are plenty of users in the market place that have successfully switched and saved money in the process. It's a little short sighted to suggest the quality isn't very good.

JetStreamDigital
26-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Thanks, for the advice. What do you suggest in alternative as the best choice. I want a paper for best quality as possible.

Happy to speak directly on this, should you require any assistance. More and more dealers seem to be bundling Print Equipment's SubliSplash inks with F-35, so we'll just be looking at a tweak to your setup.

JetStreamDigital
26-01-2018, 03:05 PM
Too many variables for just two tests.

With most sublimation papers you can tell the printing side by simply licking a finger and placing it on the corner of the paper. It will stick most to the coated, printing side.

I've only just seen your response Webtrekker, couldn't have written it better myself.

arthur.daley
26-01-2018, 03:07 PM
1-How to Identify the correct side printing of the paper?

Thanks!
S2DZ

you can (usually) tell which side is the printable side by taking a sheet of paper and gently roll/fold it longways so that you have the paper doubled over but so they don't quite line up - ie you can clearly see both sides of the paper at the same time. One side should appear to be a bright white and the other a duller off white. The bright white is the coated and printable side.

Andrew
27-01-2018, 09:58 PM
Are there new batches of Jetstream in now? I actually liked the paper and found the transfer very good. Feeding issues in the end from a later batch became more of a problem when trying to send large batches.

S2DZ
27-01-2018, 11:33 PM
you can (usually) tell which side is the printable side by taking a sheet of paper and gently roll/fold it longways so that you have the paper doubled over but so they don't quite line up - ie you can clearly see both sides of the paper at the same time. One side should appear to be a bright white and the other a duller off white. The bright white is the coated and printable side.

Hi,
thank you. I did more tests using different settings, and i found a setting that gave me the best result:
1-In the printer

Printing quality: High Quality
Printing Prioity: Quality
Color Profile: Off
Gray Reprodution: CMY+K
Printing Density On paper: Bright
Type Of Paper: Normal(Plain paper) for ink jet

2-In Corel Draw

Color Conversion: Corel Draw
Output Color: RGB
Correct color using profile: Sublisplash Profile
Preserve RGB numbers: Off
Preserve Pure Black: Off
Renderization: Perceptive

I recommend to the Jet Stream F-35 Paper manufacture to find a way that easily identify the printable side of the paper (should print something in the back).

JetStreamDigital
29-01-2018, 05:16 PM
Are there new batches of Jetstream in now? I actually liked the paper and found the transfer very good. Feeding issues in the end from a later batch became more of a problem when trying to send large batches.

Hi Andrew,

Yes - I can drop you a pack over from a new production when you require some to retest.

JetStreamDigital
29-01-2018, 05:19 PM
Hi,
thank you. I did more tests using different settings, and i found a setting that gave me the best result:
1-In the printer

Printing quality: High Quality
Printing Prioity: Quality
Color Profile: Off
Gray Reprodution: CMY+K
Printing Density On paper: Bright
Type Of Paper: Normal(Plain paper) for ink jet

2-In Corel Draw

Color Conversion: Corel Draw
Output Color: RGB
Correct color using profile: Sublisplash Profile
Preserve RGB numbers: Off
Preserve Pure Black: Off
Renderization: Perceptive

I recommend to the Jet Stream F-35 Paper manufacture to find a way that easily identify the printable side of the paper (should print something in the back).

Thanks for the follow up - will take that on board for sure.

The main balancing act is the cost it adds to the production to back print versus keeping the price as economical as possible for end users. We found users who continued to purchase the paper eventually became comfortable with the printing side over time.