PDA

View Full Version : lovecut press

jennywren
24-08-2010, 10:55 AM
I have just looked at lovecut heatpress and seen a 16 by 24 heat press for about £270. Why is that cheap. Has anyone broght this. I have seem the lovecut views on the other post, really don't want to start a debate on how bad they are but was wondering why is it so cheap and is it any good.

purpledragon
24-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi Jenny
I and another on this forum (i cant remember who) bought a press from love cut about the same time i think about 6 months ago so heres the verdict
yes theres a lot of complaints over love cut the customer service is non existant but the press i had is great ther are some build issues. a large circlip fell off mine but a razz with a drill soon sorted it out apart from that its been marvelous it hasnt let me down i have no cold spots and it has a micro wound platern which eans a nice even temp all over. I cant honestly fault the machine shame about the supplier. Having said all that i think i may well have been one of the lucky ones i suggest you read all the posts regarding lovecut theres a lot of unhappy people out there i think you may well be taking an expensive gamble
Brett

jennywren
24-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Thank you for that, I must admit reading the about lovecut on here has put a few negitive thoughts in my mind, your post was fair and even handed and had valid points, I'm not buying from lovecut but taking your points on board it will be a no. Had a look again and I've noticed ithey are a ebay seller(not knocking ebay seller.) So it would have a no anyhow

DREAMGLASS
20-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Well I did something in the last few days that I said I would never do, I bought a press from Lovecut. :D

I was intending to buy a Stahls or George Knight press, but as the two distributors I contacted about the parts availability for those machines in the UK never bothered to get back to me, I am assuming they don't want to know if something goes wrong with them?

The machine from Lovecut arrived the very next morning and they supplied a valid tracking number within a hour of payment being made. Opened up the very large cardboard box and was pleased to see a purpose made polystyrene inner to protect the machine, UK 3 pin lead and even spare fuses. The instructions are the usual Chinese translation, but far better than most.

The machine is actually an improved model than the one that was pictured and comes with fully sprung top platen, proper plastic protective conduit going from the control box to the heat plate. The controller is the very latest design with an alarm to tell you when the set temperature has been reached and a countdown that starts when the press is closed.

Switched it on, no problems at all, no smoke, no fire, just went straight up to the set temperature and held perfectly.Took my little infra red thermometer to the underside and no cold spots. The temperature difference anywhere on the plate was within half a degree centigrade, which isn't bad by anyone's standards. Has the usual odd paint blemish here and there, but it's a workhorse to earn money, not look pretty.

I never thought I'd find myself saying this, but on this instance I have been very happy with my transaction with Lovecut. I guess it is all too easy to jump on a suppliers back when things aren't right and never pass comment when they actually do things correctly. I know a lot of people have commented on the indifferent customer service, but Lovecut have got my business on this occaision as they took the time to answer my questions, whereas two mainstream suppliers couldn't be bothered. :shock:

Bob700
09-01-2011, 12:46 AM
I've just bought the lovecut 9"x12" small swing away press £130 free delivery, works great so far

Dave S
09-01-2011, 10:55 AM
I bought the Lovecut 9 x 12 over a year ago for Mousemats, Coasters etc, and have had no probs re Cold-spots, my only issue has been the build, as Riverts and Circlips have come away in the middle of pressing, all in all as it didn't cost a fortune, I guess I got what I paid for :-)

Paul
09-01-2011, 11:37 AM
is good to hear that they impoved :) I may give them a go one more time . one day...

DREAMGLASS
09-01-2011, 01:25 PM
The machine I bought from Lovecut in October has been working faultlessly and has more than paid for itself.

I also purchased a hat press from them in December, as didn't want to pay the silly prices that some folks sell hat presses for. That has worked faultlessly also and is actually a well made piece of kit.

Whilst falling short of the build quality of some of the Western made equipment, some of the heat presses from the far East seem to have come on in leaps and bounds over the last two or three years. Lovecut now appears to be selling this better made machinery, so hopefully they can get back on track and learn from past mistakes.

Paul
09-01-2011, 01:36 PM
DREAMGLASS can you tell us what press did you get??

Justin
09-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Just sold my Senko magnetic press that I imported. Hardly getting any use since I went back to an Adkins press but the Senko was a more than capable press for the money I paid. I'd certainly consider importing again.

DREAMGLASS
10-01-2011, 01:23 PM
DREAMGLASS can you tell us what press did you get??
Swingaway, can't abide clam presses. Got a total of four swingaway presses, three of them from far East. One of them has been used day in, day out for around three years now and never missed a beat. Always have back up machines, as couldn't be dependant on a slow repair service to screw up my business reputation.

logodigitizing
10-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Swingaway, can't abide clam presses. Got a total of four swingaway presses, three of them from far East. One of them has been used day in, day out for around three years now and never missed a beat. Always have back up machines, as couldn't be dependant on a slow repair service to screw up my business reputation.
hi could you post pics, details of the press you purchased please? many thanks