PDA

View Full Version : aluminum sheilds needed

jennywren
25-08-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm looking for aluminum subdye sheilds.roughly 9.7cm in height and 7.7. cm in wide. It does'nt have to be exact .Does anyone know where I can get these.

draig
25-08-2010, 11:29 AM
I got some last year from Graham at The Transfer Press. I have some white ones here if they'd be any use. They are a bit smaller than you wanted though.

http://www.thetransferpress.co.uk/acatalog/Aluminium_circles_and_shields.html

Sharon

jennywren
25-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Many thanks but these are too small, but thanks for trying.

jennywren
25-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Mostly the size I want is used in screen print, but as I don't screen print I have no idea where to look. any suggestions.

bms
26-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Is this a "shield" or a "rectangle". We can cut metal to a rectangle if needed.

jennywren
26-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Welcome back, hope you had a nice break. No its sheilds,its for heraldic sheilds I need 100 now and 200 in two months time.

bms
26-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Sorry we can't cut metal to a shield shape, but could get unisub board cut which is around 3mm thick with a white gloss surface. If this is any good then I could get a quote for you, but would need exact drawings for the cut.

jennywren
26-08-2010, 08:29 PM
The sheild is the same as the ones on transferpress site but mine need to be 9.7cm height and 7.7cm. Silly questions but I will be able tosub dye on them or will they need to sprayed befor I can subdye, it there already sub dyed I more than happy to give it ago, if I have to spay them I be worried as I need consistancey. If this is possible then pm with price and we'll do the deal. i have been asked to do 1000 coaster for a chairty as it will nearly be done for cost price can you pm price of your cheapest for a 1000 coaster. Thanks.

bms
26-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Can you post a link to the page on the site for me to look at? We could find out if they can work off a picture to cut the board for you - and yes it is ready for sublimation. The board is the same material as the 90mm square coasters and is the UniSub board laser cut to any shape you require. There are minimum quantities though so I'll see what I can find out.

jennywren
27-08-2010, 01:05 AM
The first post from draig just below my request is the link, I have no idea how to do it. hope this helps. if you need a image to see the finshed product which might be a help, you might have a beter idea, please let me know. Once again many thanks.

bms
27-08-2010, 09:51 AM
The first post from draig just below my request is the link

Duh! My excuse is that it was very early in the morning when I got back yesterday from hols and [dreaming] obviously the bright sunshine glaring on my laptop monitor caused me to miss the details in the thread (yeah, wishful thinking...). Back to reality ;)

I'll see what I can find out about the shield in a hardboard material with white top surface for sublimation printing.

jennywren
27-08-2010, 07:55 PM
I have the exact size at work but have been chasing every but what really needs doing so I'm going to wait till tuesday to deal with it. I need the smallest wooden coasters, as they are giving them away free but I need to make sure that I'm giving them quailty as my stickers will be on the back . So can you pm he price of 1000 and I'll work out a price for them, they might not accecpt my price as they might want it cheap, cheap.So it all could come to nothing, although I don't mind doing it cheaper for charity but thats a lot of coaster, time consuming, and paper ect.