PDA

View Full Version : help need wow 7.7

jennywren
31-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Could anybody tell me do I print on the magenta side on the paper that has the yellow writing on ii. andd when press which sheet goes on top. Have phone them twice but I think my stress is not taken it in.

logobear
31-07-2015, 03:31 PM
it depends weather you want to do iSheet or mSheet printing ......pros and cons to each .....
What version of Spacecontrol do you have ? - V3 has automated options for each, - and the new wow 7.8 is even better for large areas of white .....
With mSheet printing you print correct way round, but for the older method, - iSheet printing you mirror image.
When building the stack for pressing and peeling, the top sheet that you peel away will curl up, so it is best to leave the sheet that will contain the final image on the bottom, and peel away the sheet you will discard.
have you got a NRP sheet, it is the final press that makes the result a lot more durable, thou it does weaken colours slightly .....
we didn't have the NRP for ages and results were not long lasting, but this trick made a hugh difference.

jennywren
31-07-2015, 03:59 PM
This is where I get lost not sure what I paper or M paper is. I used the wow 7.5 and finally came to grips with it. But I now brought my press from magic touch. I have order the NRP paper which should come Tuesday. I do think they should tell you about the paper and bottom pad require when your buying, but I did have a moan and they are not charging pp. I have the Sc v20093. If you could be so kind and let me know what you do Time and temp ect it would be easier for for me as it's all new equipment, paper and press. And as you are a master of WOW it would a honour to do it your way. ( is that enough grovelling) I would really appreciate it. Many thanks

logobear
31-07-2015, 04:58 PM
M is magenta, i is yellow

jennywren
01-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Get it, thie wow 7.7 is new to me which way would you recommend to do and and at what time and temp. I did try the recommend way but the transfer of image didn't happen. Any help would be appreciated.

logobear
01-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Firstly, does your design have a lot of white? - if so you will need to reduce the white to maybe 70% (the new 7.8 negates this) otherwise, leave settings as is
In the dropdown media menue you may have mSheet printing set up, - depending on which version of SPACECONTROL you have
I recommend mSheet printing, - you don't need to put the mSheet through the printer blank either!
Do not mirror image
Make sure your press is 135c - highest possible pressure.
Really heat up your press and base (keep closed a couple of minutes)
Then warm up your sponge/floppy white rubbery thing - a min or two
Keeping everything hot, insert your 'stack' tracing type paper bottom, then iSheet, then mSheet (facing each other) then either another sheet of the tracing paper, or the heat press sheet/oven liner type stuff.
Highest pressure 50-60seconds at 135c (accurate)
immediatepeel in one continuous action keeping stack on press to keep it hot, - pinch top sheet so you keep it down so it doesn't lift off the sponge sheet - you MUST keep the heat in white you peel.
Trim
press 5 seconds onto garment, - remove carrier (iSheet) only when completely cold.
Final press with NRP for 20seconds.

It seems a faff at first, but you do quickly get automatic on it.

I think I have listed everything correct, but if i HAVE MADE A MISTAKE, i ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY!

We have had our share of fails, but if doing jobs now, - we would expect near 100% success