PDA

View Full Version : tshirt sizes ..confused.com

fredster
27-08-2010, 11:29 PM
ok so being a guy i know mens tshirt sizes inside out ..although each bloody suppliers are differnt :o :o :o :o

so i have ladies wanting tshirts but NOT ladies fit tshirts .... some label unisex tees but most i find are labelled mens ...

so ... i get asked for a size 12/14 ...... what the heck????? ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

see why im confused?

is there any Woman OUT THERE that actually knows the answer to my dilemna ?

my other half is already fed up of me asking her to try shirts on at all hours of the day and night :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Justin
28-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Sizes vary a little between manufacturers. If you don't want slim fit/lady fit etc. then take a look at the Kustom Kit range, they sell these sizes, 8,10,12,14,16 and so on. Generous size and great quality. Then take a look at Starworld, Continental etc. and see the difference in sizes! Many will just state S,M,L,XL and believe me, they're small! No such thing as a 12/14, what they may mean is they're a 14 if it's a small fit and a 12 if it's generous! Try UKL/Ralawise/Starworld direct for different shirts.

fredster
28-08-2010, 12:11 AM
CHEERS..ITS A MINEFIELD WITH WOMENS CLOTHES... LOL

after all that the customer prefers gildan as well ... lol

here i go on the research again ... lol

Justin
28-08-2010, 12:17 AM
In my experience the Gildan ladies shirts were HUGE! :o

fredster
28-08-2010, 12:19 AM
probably why she likes them ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fredster
28-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Why cant they be like us men ? if i want a tshirt that fits i buy a large ... if i want a tshirt to goto bed in or lase around on a beach in a hot clime i buy xlarge ...simple ..... :roll: :roll:

Kaz
28-08-2010, 10:04 AM
12/14 is a medium :D

fredster
28-08-2010, 03:04 PM
thanks kaz ... a womans point of view certainly helps ... :oops: :oops:

mrs maggot
31-08-2010, 12:13 AM
now a 14 is considered large by some manufacturers

on poloshirts, website they give you the sizes of the shirts by mfr - look at the differences, i have some gildan lady fit t's and a 2XL is about a 16/18 - try telling a woman they need to buy a 2XL - and they wont, their small is a 8 !!!!

i hate womens t's with a pasion,

AJLA
01-09-2010, 10:40 AM
This is a thread i have been meaning to start for some time, thanks for starting it.

Pain in the bum are the womens sizes! I have been trying to source a comfort fit v neck for donkeys as a lot of my customers think the unisex are too long.

It is embarassing telling any lady as mrs maggot has said to go fo a 2xl the look of horror! I'm sure they are insulted but i have to always stress they are sooo fitted and use myself as an example for sizing as I always wear them on the stand and my dad also wears them too, it does help.

Absolute apparel have a really good value and quality shirt but the sizing is way out I have yet to sell a size 10 to a size 10 woman, she always goes away with something 2 sizes up on the label.

Wonder why they don't do a realistic 14 or 16 Tee, isn't that the average size in the UK?

Definately more research!

fredster
01-09-2010, 10:47 AM
thanks mandy
im gld to see its not just us men thats confused by it all ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i had that conversation with a lady FRIEND yesterday about ordering xxl ..she wa shorrified and STILL doesnt believe me ..so ive ordered her what she asked for and thats that ... lol

if you find a company that makes a size 12 that is a size 12 then please let us all know... lol

AJLA
01-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Certainly will, have a good day!

Kaz
01-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I had this conversation with Xpres a few weeks back.

Their ladies tees are on the small side and their gents are on the large side, they siad they are fed up arguing with their manufacturing arm about it. I think they are working on ladies sizes from the 1920's with the size of some of them :-(

fredster
01-09-2010, 11:22 AM
yes 1920's ethiopia i think :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kaz
01-09-2010, 11:35 AM
:lol::lol:

I've got a load of ladies tess in varying sizes, that I need to measure to get an accurate sizing from, like I have time for that!!

AJLA
01-09-2010, 12:17 PM
I also had a visit with btc and yet again we discussed the issue but i don't think anyone is interested in looking into it. well they have bigger fish to fry. By the way I ought to mention that my dad doesn't wear the ladies tees :lol: :lol: :lol: but the unisex ones. The ladies ones are far too fitted for him and he doesn't like em tight across his belly:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: