PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Ink cartridge not recognised

theemmanewman
28-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Hi my B1100 has suddenly decided to give an error message that says "Ink cartridge not recognised". I am using CISS that has been in situ for several weeks now. No reason for error (or none I can think of anyway!). Cartridges are definitely in OK, hadn't been touched prior to error appearing. I have left printer unplugged overnight to see if it would clear (OK but any straw will do!) have now taken cartridges out and reinstated. Haven't tried reinstalling printer software yet, that is tomorrow if the will to live has returned. Would be grateful for any suggestions please. Running Vista if that is likely to be relevant. All this in the same week that the puppy chewed thru the laptop cable, mug press timer failed, new press damaged in transit. we are NOT amused!

bms
28-08-2010, 08:43 AM
This can only be down to one of a couple reasons:
(1) the cartridges have move slightly in the cartridge holder, so unclip them all and reinstall FIRMLY - they should click into place. Give them a push on the back and side as you reinstall them. As the yellow is the last cartridge in the row then this might be slightly protruding. Could have been caused by the tubes having too little flex in them as the cartridges move left and right, or
(2) the yellow cartridge needs resetting. Press the red light button on the printer and the carts will move towards the middle. Press and hold the reset button on the carts, then press the red light button (if carts move slightly then repeat the reset button - do this as many times as the carts move slightly in the printer). The carts will return to the cart exchange position - press and hold reset button again and finally press the red light button. Printer should go through a recharge and start printing again.

If (1) and (2) don't solve the problem then the yellow chip might have gone faulty (possibility, but options 1 and 2 would cater for 99% of such problems). If so then you'll need to contact your supplier of the Easyflow system and ask for a replacement cart and tube assembly.

theemmanewman
31-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks Martin, unfortunately I am not getting anywhere with this, think I may just be coming to you for a new ink system that I know will work, can't see me managing to replace tubes on this one!