PDA

View Full Version : Help with instalation of b1100 printer and inks

personalizedtouch
29-08-2010, 09:53 PM
hi there got my printer and my inks, do i insall the epson printer with the disc to pc before i attempt to insert the ink

thanks

bms
29-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Yes - the installation process will advise you to insert the cartridges so you can do this during the install process. Just read the book and look at the pics so you know what to do...

personalizedtouch
29-08-2010, 09:57 PM
is that the original inks i put in at that process, sorry dimwit here, oh is your site down atm martin?

bms
29-08-2010, 10:18 PM
No don't put in the originals. Yes probs with website this evening for some reason.

JSR
31-08-2010, 12:44 AM
When I set up a new printer, I always set up with the OEM (Epson) inks that come in the box with the printer. This is to check that everything works okay before putting on the CISS and dye-sub ink.

This proved fortuitous when I bought my last Epson 1400 from Amazon because it failed to recognise one of the cartridges and the whole thing needed to be shipped back for a replacement. I would have been gutted if I'd gone through setting it up with Artanium ink and a CISS, only to have to put it all back together again in order to send it back.

Besides, the printer is supplied with those OEM inks. You may as well have fun printing off a bunch of photos before swapping over to the dye-sub CISS. What else are you going to do with those inks otherwise?

bms
31-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Besides, the printer is supplied with those OEM inks. You may as well have fun printing off a bunch of photos before swapping over to the dye-sub CISS. What else are you going to do with those inks otherwise?

This is okay on the Epson printers and converting to sublimation ink takes no time at all, but with the Ricoh printers NEVER put the genuine carts in. You'll waste a full set of sublimation cartridges with head purges to clean out the genuine inks as these printers pull the ink into tubes before it gets to the printhead.

As for the genuine carts - some sell them, others keep them just in case of problems with a printer someway down the line (and within the 12 month period of purchase). ;)