PDA

View Full Version : Money boxes

AdamB
30-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Hi all,

I was just about to print and 'cook' my first money box and I stopped ..............

I was just going to use the template I normally use for mugs but obviously noticed that there will be more room due to not having a handle on it.

So I paused for a moment and printed off a blank template which I then wrapped around the money box to check for size and compatibility.

I noticed that the money box is slightly larger than a mug (so I can't get a full wrap around in the press) so I presumed that the 'best option' would be to only do the front of the money box.

Then I looked at e-bay (often a good source to see what's on the market) to find that there are some money boxes that have an image on the front and text on the rear.

- How do others do their money boxes? one sided or two sided?

- And, would it be possible to cook the image on the front - cool it then cook the text on the rear to create a full wrap around look? (or will the image from the first transfer run/burn during the second process?).

Many thanks

Adam

bms
30-08-2010, 03:28 PM
an image on the front and text on the rear
Another way of looking at this is an image on the right hand side and text on the left - that way you can get both pressed at once in a mug press.

Or... press one picture on one side, remove and print another picture/ text on the otherside. The first image won't change - just cover with a sheet of silicon to prevent and cross contamination from the mug blanket to the printed face.

AdamB
30-08-2010, 03:44 PM
You know what Martin,

I think I was just confusing the matter! I just rotated the template around slightly and as you say you can print the front and rear together in one sitting!

................. it's been a long day!

Thank you :-)

bms
30-08-2010, 05:23 PM
you can print the front and rear together in one sitting

Ahhh, but it is the front and rear or the left and right??? ;)

whitesquizzel
18-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Is a Silicon Sheet OK for protecting the first print or do you mean the silicon wraps?

bms
18-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Is a Silicon Sheet OK for protecting the first print or do you mean the silicon wraps?
Silicon sheets will be fine - just like the grease proof paper material