PDA

View Full Version : mug pressing for beginners

morrowmedia
31-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Ok, so i'm trying to get into mug printing kind of small time.
I don't really know too much about it but have been trying to research it as much as possible online.
I have a hp photosmart c5280 printer, a computer, camera, photosmart, etc.
I want to get a good but relatively cheap mug press.

What type of mug press should I get?
What else will I need to do mug printing?
Is my hp photosmart printer good enough?

Any help is very much appreciated!

Chris

bms
31-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi,

Firstly, the HP printer isn't going to be suitable. You'll have to get a new Epson or Ricoh printer with sublimation inks, plus mug press, paper, heat tape and sublimation mugs.

The recommended printers are the Epson B40W, B1100, Photo 1400 and the Ricoh GXe3300 or the GX7000. As a guide the link below shows you everything you need to get yourself started in the mug printing business (but there are other suppliers that will do other start up packages as well !)

http://www.printerowners.co.uk/sublimation/230/mug-press-startup-business-package.htm

AdamB
31-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi Chris,

as others will confirm - it's easy to think that you 'could get by' getting cheaper items that may or may not be compatible (i.e supported printers and inks), but take it from me (and many others) that it's worth while putting in a little more cash to get a set up that is 'supported'.

I tried to get into the mug business a couple of years ago and went for an e-bay special, and was quite chuffed as it only cost me a few hundred (4ish) pounds. It turned out to be a lot of cash wasted as I couldn't it working .............. and the support wasn't there for me to ask!

There are many suppliers that provide 'supported' packages, and as Martin (from BMS) states they can also supply.

I can thoroughly recommend BMS as 'quality' and ...................... Martin is often on this forum for help and support! (best of both worlds).

Hope all goes well for you mate.