PDA

View Full Version : Any Embroiderers Able to Set-Up Our Tajima Single Head - Bridgend, South Wales

Stitch Up
08-10-2015, 10:46 AM
Morning all,

I need to get our Tajima Neo TEJT C150 'dusted down' and back into production again.

I purchased the machine a few years back but we've never really had the time to use it! It was working well when we collected it but I'd like to have someone who knows what they're doing to set it up for us.

If anyone is nearby to Bridgend, that would be great - of course I'm not expecting a freebie :)

Regards

John

Earl Smith
08-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Unless you have bashed it about these machines dont go wrong. Dust it down, give it a good oiling by taking off the front panel to get at everything. Re thread. Then run a test stitch ( A cross of about 2mm width for the horizontal and vertical ) through it from needle 1 to 15 to make sure the tensions are ok . And after adjusting the tensions that should be all you need. Two hours tops. Just the normal service you should do on the machine every six months.

Stitch Up
08-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Hi John

Hope you're keeping well.

Had this Tajima for quite a while and not done anything with it! It's been in a corner for years! Just got it out and dusted it down. Re-threading 15 threads is no fun but got that sorted now :) Hope to give it a run-out later today :)

John

Earl Smith
08-10-2015, 04:17 PM
HI John, Im fine, thanks.
Before rethreading take it apart and grease/oil it. And you are right , at our age its a bitch to rethread. I had to buy one of those big magnifying glasses with a light on it to see the holes.
If you want a file to make a test run of the 15 needles for tensions I can send you one over.

Stitch Up
09-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Well, I've been busy dusting the Tajima down, oiling & greasing, rethreading and tensioning - took an age!

Seems to be stitching well, just a couple of niggles/thread breaks etc - a few more hours and it should be perfect :)

John, do send me the file, I'm sure it'll be worthwhile keeping in my maintenance folder :) I did create a series of the letter 'H' for each of the 15 colours.

I need to get a flexi, bright LED light :)

John

Stitch Up
29-10-2015, 10:53 PM
Pleased to say, it's stitching like a dream now :)