PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the most opportunity?

VSW
01-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Since joining the forum I have been amazed by the different opportunities out there - a lot of which I had no idea could be performed as easily... therefore... what would you say is the best are to make and grow a business - obviously a profitable one? Personally, I like the mug printing area (no experience yet) but the canvass printing also appeals.....so, what say you, the people actually earning from print in general?

Curious!
:mrgreen:

Andrew
01-09-2010, 03:51 PM
It's all about how well you can find a decent customer base in any product you enter into. The easier it is to find the more saturated it then thends to be which is where the complication lies. Finding niche areas or a busy area that you can do better than most of your competitors on are a couple of options. If you have certain contacts that can be exploited that might be another quick option. If there was ever a dead cert way to find business then I very much doubt people will be dishing out to much info on it. Some times you never know which ideas will work and some of what I have tought are going to be my best selling avenues turn out to be a total waste of time but then the vice versa also applies.

VSW
01-09-2010, 05:00 PM
okay, so presuming the customers are all even....whats the best area to make profit on? For example, I have seen some people selling personalised mugs for £2.99 - :geek: so the profit margin here must be has low as £1-£2 - less if you take labour into account. I have seen others sellinf at £7 which obviously brigs more profit...providing you can sell em at that price of course!

:mrgreen:

Andrew
01-09-2010, 05:14 PM
I sell mugs at half the cost of your lowest comparrison..... but lots of them. It is just the case of finding your place in the market. High profit and low turnover suits some who can get away with that whilst the opposite for others. There is no "one size fits all" really. You can see prices on sites like ebay and quite often how many they sell to give you an idea on that option. You can speak to local shop owners or businesses to see if that might be an option or even set-up an online shop for a niche area that has room for you to operate. All of that goes for mugs and canvas. I think offering the range of items will help get things going in the first instance. If you then find certain items give you the most profit and turnover then you will naturally move that way.

confidential
01-09-2010, 05:30 PM
With sublimation the endless range of items you can offer your customer is the key. Limiting yourself to just mugs or canvasses will loose you extra income.

If a customer is looking to buy a few mugs, you can offer them coasters, placemats, chopping boards etc etc. So the order for a few mugs, could turn into 6 mugs, 6 coasters, 6 placemats etc. If you also sell prints etc then there is a good chance they will keep you in mind for future reference.

The thing with this game is quality & customer service, if you don't perform highly in either then the customer is not going to stay loyal to you or recommend you to all sundry.

Don't always assume that you have to compete with others on price, if you've got a loyal customer then they are not looking anywhere else in the first place!