PDA

View Full Version : Conveyor Ovens

Andrew
02-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Anyone ever seen one working or even have one? I know the very big printers go this way so just wondering if there was any feedback here on the ovens themselves, wraps, times, problems etc.

Cheers,

Andrew

candleman6500
04-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Don't know if this is what you mean, but....Years ago I used to work for a printing company that rented space in a screen printers. They had rows of screen printing machines which were fantastic, but very expensive. Most of them only did line colour and the object had to go through twice three times if you wanted more colours, but one was a computerised version that just took photo image and put it straight on to product and was only viable for the company to buy because they printed a lot of work for Disney. These things had conveyor ovens attached, but they also had seperate conveyor ovens that could be wheeled around and attached to thermo printing machines. We used to borrow them occassionaly everytime we printed raised image business cards that needed to have the raising powder fused instantly to the wet ink. They had chain mail conveyor belt and heating elements that would set fire to the cards sometimes if you set the conveyor at too slow a speed. They were quite good because you could get a lot of cards in at once, but again they were expensive.
hope that helps

regards
Geoff

Andrew
04-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi Geoff,

It's probably kind of the same thing as these types of ovens are used for drying/curing on many processes. A mug version would be longer to sustain the required heat for long enough.

I'm looking at a deck oven as well now as an alternative but up until now all of our mugs have been done with presses. Time to buy a few wraps and small oven to get the hang of it I guess.

Cheers,

Andrew

2manymugz
03-01-2011, 08:42 PM
conveyor ovens are the way to go if you produce a lot of mugs. We do about 1200 per day through our self built one. However, it does take a lot of time to get it right! Air circulation, gap between mugs on the belt are the main things to get right. If you are looking for a way to increase the amount of mugs you can sublimate without using a conveyor oven or a mug press then please feel free to p.m me and i will try and explain the system we used to use before we built the conveyer. Cheers, dave.

ionic1
24-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Does anybody know a suitable UK supplier of conveyor ovens for Dye sub mugs? I have found an American manufacturer, but I am struggling to find a UK one?

Andrew
25-01-2011, 06:07 PM
You can get them made to order. I did get one costed recently but can't find the company details right now. I'll take a look.

If you went for a Hix oven that you might have seen advertised it would be about £12k. This is about 150ish mugs an hour. I'm still looking at switching to this method just don't like the outlay or the fiddling with clamps.

What do you do Ionic?

Ian M
26-01-2011, 10:06 PM
When I worked at a screen printers many years ago I always found the ovens were really good at warming your sarnies up.

Andrew
27-01-2011, 11:51 AM
You could have a freshly cooked pizza everday with the tunnel ovens if you turned the temps up.

Ian M
27-01-2011, 09:55 PM
You could have a freshly cooked pizza everday with the tunnel ovens if you turned the temps up.

Yum yum.....pizza, they were also good at keeping your fish & chips warm too.........lol