PDA

View Full Version : printer cutters

jennywren
02-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Has anybody got one and what are they like, i was thinking of one about 24 or 30 inch. its on my wish list, so much to digest, half the time i have got a clue what I'm reading but being on my wish list I have plenty of time

Justin
02-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Is it a 'cutter' you're after for vinyl etc? I used to have the Roland Camm-1 CX-24 which was superb. Flash is selling the newer GX-24 which would be a very useful machine. I'd like to get my hands on one again but funds aren't there right now.

jennywren
03-09-2010, 12:49 AM
I like the look of mimaki cjv30-60 printer cutter, but rember I don't have a clue and this is the only one I found up to now that does vinyl and decals, but I've only just started looking and I have'nt a clue how much this one is. But thats the one thing about a wish list price it does'nt matter :lol: :lol:

draig
03-09-2010, 01:20 PM
I still run an older Roland ColorCamm PC60 (thermal printer/cutter). Does everything I need it to do, plus metallic print. You have to be meticulous over cleaning the vinyl before printing though. Heads can be a problem and cost around £450.00 but touch wood mine has lasted over 4 years. This machine is not good for large prints due to cost, but for smaller stickers it's no problem. Doesn't like Static Cling to much as it can misregister when printing cmyk (4 cartridges). I run mine on compatable ribbons from PrintOne refilling the cartridges myself.

Sharon