PDA

View Full Version : BMS Website - Revamp & Comments

bms
03-09-2010, 11:22 PM
We are putting forward some changes to our website that should become live late this year/ early 2011 and I'd welcome comments from end users (you guys) as to what you would like to see, what features would be useful and what improvements could be made.

The proposed changes we're looking at would enable customers to buy online just as they do at present (without login) but the changes that could be made would include:
(a) a login section where you can review previous orders, click to repeat buy a previous order (or amend) and this would also autofill the invoice address and delivery address (which again could be amended)
(b) receive an email from us once we have processed your order (presently you receive an email to confirm order placed and order despatched via ParcelForce) so this adds one further communication to confirm we have dealt with it prior to despatch.
(c) possibility of links to youtube video that we will create showing "how to"
(d) larger images of the products as you hover over them
(e) different design and layout (following something like http://www.aria.co.uk where the main categories are along the top which auto expand as you click on them.
(f) would a "summary of shopping basket" as per the aria link be a useful feature?

So what would you like to see from a supplier's website? What works well from other sites, what don't you like. Feel free to comment here or pm if you prefer but I'd like to take on your views as it will be people like you that would be using such a site.

;) Thanks

fredster
03-09-2010, 11:34 PM
what about a sizes page for tshirts ?
and a page set aside for pressing information for all items ? i know all the pressing info is on each items page but to have them all together for quick reference would be great.

thespringonion
03-09-2010, 11:40 PM
I would be fairly direct here, hope it doesn't offence!

I like the current site's colour scheme, snapiness (when the server is up), user interface is good, and it's easy to use. I agree with pretty much what you've suggested really, but one area I would like to see improvement is how the products are catagorised. Sometimes it is rather difficult to get locate some items, though the search engine is good enough to make up for it, sometimes I do struggle to get a page of similar products. I do understand it is not an easy task with the amount of entry you have there, no easy job there.

I do go by KISS, any supplier sites loaded with flashy flash thing will just drive me nuts!

bms
04-09-2010, 10:37 AM
No offence caused by any comments - I need to know what works well and what doesn't so we can try to improve it. The abilty to find things, I hope, will be easier once the new format shows everything from a single drop down, but totally agree with the KISS acronym.

confidential
04-09-2010, 02:39 PM
I would add an rss feed/blog so we can be all be updated on new arrivals etc without visiting the site daily, it's good for backlinks aswell.

Andrew
04-09-2010, 04:52 PM
If I were a supplier I would look at software for creating visual samples of items such as mugs etc. Somewhere on the site where and image can be uploaded and resized, text added and so on. This then gets placed on a mug template whether it be rotating or not and can be downloaded to be sent by email or put on the customers own site. This could be either a free option for regular customers or sell credits that can be used, all depends on outlay and what needs to be recouped. This could be done on several products and build up the range. A great sales tool for your customers and a reason to keep them coming back to your site.

User friendly stuff like you mentioned though is key as there is nothing worse than a site that makes work hard just to place a basic order.

Paul
04-09-2010, 09:45 PM
all ideas r fantastic Martin! best one is with youtube links and order history.

But what i would like to see ( and this is pissing me right off) NEW and decent size picture of products! and not only one! i wish to see few. from other angles too... I wish to see them with REAL sample print on it as well so I know what to expect after using recomended times and preasure. sorry Martin but you must agree with me most suppliers in this business use this same pics :( and they all low quality. I know it cost money but I think is worth every penny ;)

another thing I wish to see improved is key words of products for search engine. its pants on this moment as I keep finding things not relaTED WITH THIS WHAT IAM LOOKING FOR :p
as thespringonion mention before... categorys must be sorted as well ;)

hope you not mad now ;)

bms
05-09-2010, 10:16 AM
No, not mad ;)

We will have a "light box" which will enlarge the images and we'll have a few more images over time so you can see these from different angles.

Re the keywords - we can easily add keywords to products, so if you can let me know what keyword isn't returning what you'd hope to see then this can be changed quickly.

I like the idea of the 'upload your image/ text' to the blanks, but if we go down this route then it looks like we are supplying the final printed image and we don't really do that much - we're here to provide the blanks to your business and then you produce the printed image. I also think this functionality is very expensive and complex to build in. I do think though that there is a market here for a single place where you can do this without lots of people trying to re-invent the wheel.

Thanks for the comments so far - keep them coming. The updated site won't go live for a few months so all comments gratefully received and will be incorporated as far as possible.

AdamB
06-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Hey Martin ............ what about a 'loyalty point' scheme where for every purchase you get points (= to or dependant on the amount spent).

These points can be 'credited' to your account and converted to get money off items bought through the BMS Site.

A scheme that will not only reward loyal customers but also keep people coming back to BMS for blanks.

An idea?

bms
08-09-2010, 04:32 PM
rss feed/blog
We are going down the route of facebook for this, so a facebook account has been created for PrinterOwners Bms if anyone's interested in joining a merry band! We'll use this to comment on new products so you can get a heads up of whats happening or any other quick news items rather than waiting for a newsletter.

JSR
08-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Order history would be a godsend - particularly if the products are linked for easy re-ordering. If we can log-in and see the current state of outstanding orders (or items on back-order), that would also be beneficial.

More accurate dates on when products are expected would also be helpful. With my latest order, I wanted some of each of your metal keyrings to provide to a customer who's interested in buying them. Your website said that the "large oval" one was due end of August (it's now September). And the wide oval ones are also out of stock according to the delivery note (not mentioned on your website).

I think it would also help if the shopping basket could also show an estimated weight/shipping-cost as we add items to it (without having to get to the last stage). Playing "juggle the basket" to optimise shipping costs is a great game on other websites. ;) (At least it must be - because it's a game my customers play!)

The aria site is a more standard layout. I like how neat and uncluttered your current site is, but I'd like to be able to get to products with less clicks.

I don't think I'd use the videos so much, although I'm sure newcomers would, but large images would be very helpful (particularly if we can save them in order to show them to prospective customers and avoid having to wait for products to be back in stock).

Otherwise, everything you list would make shopping much more convenient.

Just my two-penneth, of course. Feel free to ignore me (I often do 8-) ).

(My family just got me on the Facebook train yesterday. All a bit complicated for me at the mo. :lol: )

bms
08-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the comments.

You should get the remaining keyrings next week - all I know at the moment is they are due sometime next week (they'll follow asap). The weight of the shopping cart is on the site, but it's just a number in the shopping cart so not overly obvious what that figure is. We might be able to incorporate this on the shopping cart summary which will be on the front page in future. We don't have live stock levels on the site as this is very complicated to manage as some customers buy online, others telephone and others call to collect 'off the street' so trying to manage this all online would prove impossible (well we could employ an extra person, but everyone would end up paying extra for the products to cover their wages!).

We won't be going live until probably the New Year so plenty of time to incorporate a wish list if more comments are forthcoming...

Kaz
09-09-2010, 11:07 AM
a facebook account has been created for PrinterOwners Bms

Request sent :D

But, should it not be set up as a business page instead of a friends page? :?

AJLA
09-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Order history would be a godsend - particularly if the products are linked for easy re-ordering. If we can log-in and see the current state of outstanding orders (or items on back-order), that would also be beneficial.

Great idea!

another thing I wish to see improved is key words of products for search engine. its pants on this moment as I keep finding things not relaTED WITH THIS WHAT IAM LOOKING FOR :p

Unfortunately I agree with this too.

We don't have live stock levels on the site as this is very complicated to manage as some customers buy online, others telephone and others call to collect 'off the street' so trying to manage this all online would prove impossible (well we could employ an extra person, but everyone would end up paying extra for the products to cover their wages!).

No thanks :lol: This is one area which I am totally sympathetic with and you WOULD need that extra person to keep on top of it. Unless you can afford an all singing dancing hugely expensive epos system where EVERYTHING is connected, I order from Kodak, Fuji etc who claim to have such systems but they still go wrong.

In the meantime good look developing the new site and taking all these "constructive" comments on the chin

bms
09-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Paul wrote:

Unfortunately I agree with this too.

Any examples of what doesn't work?

AJLA
09-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Can't remember much beyond last week Martin but I think it may have been vapour t shirts.

JSR
09-09-2010, 04:24 PM
I generally find the search works okay - but then I only search for simple items.

For example, if I'm after some coasters then to save clicking buttons I just type "coaster" and up they come. Likewise, to save looking for mug boxes, I just type "polys" into the search box.

I can't think of an occasion when the results were unrelated to what I'm looking for.

Kaz
09-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Martin

If you type

car window hanging sign

into your search, it doesn't bring anything up, even if capitalised the way it shows on your site, yet, when you browse the items, it comes up on page 10, with that exact title :(

I've had that happen on a few other items aswell.

And the other thing is, when you get no search results displayed, and hit the back button on your browser, the page has expired and it takes me back to an IE error page. :(

JSR
09-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Martin

If you type

car window hanging sign

into your search, it doesn't bring anything up, even if capitalised the way it shows on your site, yet, when you browse the items, it comes up on page 10, with that exact title :(
I've just tried it and you're right.

Searching for "car" brings up a list of items with the sign listed 4th. Searching for "car window" brings up nothing. Searching for "window" just brings up "window cling". "hanging" brings up nothing. But, "sign" brings up a bunch of items with the hanging sign top of the list.

I wonder how the search works? It seems like it's doing an "old-style" search of manually-entered keywords, rather than a proper search of the page data.

AJLA
09-09-2010, 05:43 PM
My search for a vapour t shirt came up with a blank, when t shirt is typed in it only comes up with some of the tees. However if you go to sublimation / printable items / T Shirts, the vapour tees are there amongst others which don't come up in the t shirt search. Unfortunately i'm a bit lazy or impatient and do very little buying on line because of this.

Much prefer the personal way with a bit of a chat etc. Plus Martin n team are a nice bunch!

bms
11-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback - I think these issues have been tweeked, but will speak to the designers to see if this can be more intuitive.

AdamB
11-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the feedback - I think these issues have been tweeked, but will speak to the designers to see if this can be more intuitive.

You never said Martin - do you think my suggestion would work?

bms
11-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Hi Adam, not sure as we get customers ordering online, by phone as well as calling in. A loyalty scheme could only be based on web sales. Have to think through how best to achieve this, but not beyond the realms of possibilities.

Paul
12-09-2010, 11:26 AM
I can not see any problems here :) loyality shame for web orders only :) more people go online as they find there is more benefit for them so it mean less time on phone for you :)

bms
01-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks for all the comments on this. The changes planned include:-
- redesigned website,
- mini cart on main page showing value and cost of delivery,
- customer login section with added functionality including prefilled fields, past order log and simple 'repeat order' feature (no login required if you don't want to create an account as we currently have),
- loyalty scheme for web-based orders with points equating to discounts to be used online when ordering,
- 'email me when back in stock' function added to products if shown as out of stock
- plus some added tweaks here and there.

Don't expect to see anything happen quickly as we're planning to launch this in the New Year (with the dreaded VAT increase as well :cry: )

bms
14-02-2011, 08:10 PM
An update on this thread - the new BMS website will/ should be going live towards the end of this month. Testing should start later this week and then we can go live with a fresh new look.

AdamB
15-02-2011, 09:48 AM
An update on this thread - the new BMS website will/ should be going live towards the end of this month. Testing should start later this week and then we can go live with a fresh new look.

Can we get our Loyalty points back dated Martin? Or are you giving all you loyal DSF fans some free points? Or shall I get my coat?

smitch6
15-02-2011, 10:36 AM
loyalty points :) brill idea, never knew you did that Martin

bms
15-02-2011, 08:53 PM
loyalty points :) brill idea, never knew you did that Martin

We haven't done this in the past, but thought it would be a good thing to have on the website and would benefit all customers. It's going to work on your total spend from when the new site launches and once you reach a certain threshold (only on website orders) then you can use these points as discounts on any future orders. You will need to register on our site for this to work so you will have an added login/password process to go through but then you'll see previous orders, quickly add previously ordered products to your shopping cart and also have the loyalty points accumulating. The new layout is wider as well so overall I think it will look clean and fresh and make life more userfriendly...that's the theory anyway!

smitch6
15-02-2011, 09:01 PM
thats good sounds nice can't wait to see it, i find your site tends to take a while to load for me, i have a slow wifi though

bms
19-02-2011, 10:21 PM
The new website is scheduled to go live on Friday 25th (overnight) and here is the first screen shots of the new format (although content of text will be updated). There will be a login section, but if you don't want to create a username and password then you can still order online. If you do login though you will accumulate loyalty points for every £1 (ex vat) you spend which can be used against future orders to discount your total payment, see your order history and re-order items you've had before. There are a number of other changes that have been made in the background as well, pretty much along the lines of what was discussed in this thread, so thanks again for your feedback.:redface:

AdamB
19-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Looking good Martin ............... is it being built on a CMS system? (if so, joomla or a custom made one?)

bms
19-02-2011, 10:54 PM
It's all being fully custom written for us.

JSR
20-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Even so, it does look a heck of a lot like Joomla. :wink:

bms
20-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Even so, it does look a heck of a lot like Joomla. :wink:
Possibly because we've gone for a particular 'look and feel' and some of the features are fairly standard these days.

Kaz
26-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Must say, I'm LOVING the new look website, so easy to use.

Well done Martin et al

AdamB
26-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Must say, I'm LOVING the new look website, so easy to use.

Well done Martin et al

Ditto !

I have been looking on the site this morning also - EXCELLENT!

bms
26-02-2011, 11:37 AM
It's all live now and some changes have been made to the layout of the printable items which should make things easier to find. Glad you like!

Kaz
26-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Martin, maybe it's just me, but on the FAQ tab, it tells you to look on the right hand side for all the FAQs and there's nothing there?

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks

Oh, and just placed an order and it's so easy.

bms
26-02-2011, 11:49 AM
but on the FAQ tab, it tells you to look on the right hand side for all the FAQs and there's nothing there?

Should have been left! Now changed - I blame AdamB. He had his arrow the wrong way round for AGES and this made me get ny left and right muddle up!!!

Kaz
26-02-2011, 11:55 AM
LOL thanks

One more thing, it might be an idea to mention how much loyalty points are worth as at the moment it doesn't tell you.

As I say, just a thought

AdamB
26-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Should have been left! Now changed - I blame AdamB. He had his arrow the wrong way round for AGES and this made me get ny left and right muddle up!!!

Thanks - everyone blame me (he says with a childs voice!).

Any chance of getting some images up of the BMS Team Martin?

It'll be good to see who we actually deal with .................. and then we could multi-task and throw darts in yours when items are out of stock (boom boom! - AdamB 1 - Martin 0)

bms
26-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Yes I need to create a graphic for that. Currently £1 = 1 point. You need 100+ points to be able to redeem them and each point is worth 1p.

We can change point values per £ spend and change the redemption value of points accumulated. This gives the opportunity for promotional events.

Andrew
26-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Do we need to register as a new account with it being a new platform?

Andrew
26-02-2011, 12:10 PM
It does look a nicer, clearer set-up. Only just starting to look but I notice the drop down menu overlaps the side of my screen on the Sublimation option so I can read/click the left hand column. The joys of launching a new website :)

JSR
26-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Yes I need to create a graphic for that. Currently £1 = 1 point. You need 100+ points to be able to redeem them and each point is worth 1p.

We can change point values per £ spend and change the redemption value of points accumulated. This gives the opportunity for promotional events.
So the loyalty scheme is 1% (£1 back for every £100 spent), then?

I'm not entirely convinced that this will change anyone's spending habits or encourage anyone to be more "loyal" than they already are, but every little helps.

JSR
26-02-2011, 12:20 PM
It does look a nicer, clearer set-up. Only just starting to look but I notice the drop down menu overlaps the side of my screen on the Sublimation option so I can read/click the left hand column. The joys of launching a new website :)

I'm noticing the same thing. The left side of the Sublimation menu is off the screen and I can't select it.

On my netbook, the drop-downs are even worse because I can't see the bottom of them either.

John G
26-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Just registered, looks good - much better than the last site. If using google chrome the site is a little messed up if you hover the mouse over the sublimation tab, but then again, its hard to get a site perfect in all browsers.

Penny per £ loyalty is the same as Tesco but they sometimes offer double points and also 1 free extra point for every £2 spent on a Tesco visa card. As JSR so rightly said "Every little helps".

Cheers John

Andrew
26-02-2011, 12:49 PM
One other question. Can I change my password to something more memorable? unu34u7hyt54n just doesn't quite stick in my mind.

AdamB
26-02-2011, 12:58 PM
One other question. Can I change my password to something more memorable? unu34u7hyt54n just doesn't quite stick in my mind.

I was going to ask the same thing .................. so do we all know your password now Andrew?

John G
26-02-2011, 01:15 PM
I've spent his points already, thanks Andrew :biggrin:

bms
26-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Do we need to register as a new account with it being a new platform?
You don't have to register, but registration provides the added features of loyalty points, order history etc.

but every little helps.
You sound like an advert for Tesco's JSR! The loyalty points give us flexibility as well, so currently everyone gains 1 point per £1 spent, but we can increase the value of each point whenever we wish. This could mean, for instance, that any loyalty points accumulated could have double, triple value (or more) over a promotional period. Also the value is 1 per £1 spent at the moment, but again a promotional event could see a greater accumulation of points per £1 spent.

I can't see the bottom of them either.
You should be able to scroll down the page - this works on my laptop. Re the right hand side issue - will get this looked into. I think it might be down to having too many products!

Can I change my password to something more memorable?
This is something that we've thought about. Currently no, but your browser should be able to remember the username/password on the pc you're using. I've briefed our web guy that this may be something to add if feedback warrants it.

Andrew
26-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Damn, and there was me trusting you guys with my password on such a friendly forum ;)

Changing passwords would be much better for me anyway. I have ordered from home today but usually do it all from work. I can always get the password reminder sent though whenever I need I guess.

The site is certainly a step in the right direction though.

JSR
26-02-2011, 01:38 PM
You should be able to scroll down the page - this works on my laptop.
Ah, you're right. I can scroll down if I use the mouse wheel. Previously I was moving the cursor to the scrollbar and, as soon as I did, the drop-down menu vanished. So it works with mouse wheel (with mouse hovering over the drop-down menu), not with scrollbar.

I would vote in favour of being able to change passwords. I browse the internet on everything from my phone to my ipod. Trying to remember a gobblegook sequence and trying to type it in right on a tiny screen isn't something that would encourage me to use the site.

AdamB
26-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Is there any chance Martin of getting the drop down menu for the sublimation items to open on the right and not left?

Not sure if this affects anyone else but the menu is beyond my screen when opened (and I have a wide screen).

Also, do regular customers from the forum get any gratis points carried over (you gotta ask)

bms
26-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Is there any chance Martin of getting the drop down menu for the sublimation items to open on the right and not left?

Not sure what you mean on this one. The drop down menu auto expands and on my wide screen laptop goes to the right. If I make the screen narrower then it fills the available space and the menu is longer down the page.

Not getting the left and rights the wrong way round are you !!!

JSR
26-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Not sure what you mean on this one. The drop down menu auto expands and on my wide screen laptop goes to the right. If I make the screen narrower then it fills the available space and the menu is longer down the page.

Not getting the left and rights the wrong way round are you !!!

When I hover over "Sublimation", the menu goes off to the left as well. I can see two columns (one begins with "rulers", the other with "Printable Items for Mug Press") but I can't see the others.

I've tried this on Seamonkey (my browser of choice which is similar to Firefox), IE7, and QtWeb. All show the same problem.

All the other menus (i.e., all except the "Sublimation" one) seem to work okay.

bms
26-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Okay. Just tried this in IE7 and FireFox. No problems in either in full screen mode or when browser not maximised. I see the menu going left in FireFox when the browser window is smaller than the full screen though so am able to replicate this. I'll forward the comment.

JSR
26-02-2011, 04:28 PM
If it helps, this is what I get -

http://www.mugsandgifts.co.uk/offsite/bms_website.jpg

This is when shown with the browser maximised on a 1280x1024 monitor.

The same thing occurs regardless of whether the browser window is smaller, or if it's full-screen (F11), or if the side-dock is open. In short, it happens all the time.

smitch6
26-02-2011, 04:51 PM
i use safari on my mac ;)
and it does the same for me the 1st column is missing

draig
26-02-2011, 05:34 PM
I use Firefox and get the same as JSR, first block of Sublimation Blanks beyond area of screen.

Sharon

bms
26-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Okay thanks - comment has been forwarded to the company that redeveloped our site...

John G
26-02-2011, 07:47 PM
That's what I get on google chrome.

Paul
26-02-2011, 08:16 PM
i use google chrome too. never experienced anything like that.

bms
26-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Just noticed on the bottom of JSR's screen dump something about "scripts partially allowed". Does everyone else who experiences the left hand issue do something to prevent scripts running?

John G
26-02-2011, 08:30 PM
well, try hover the mouse over sublimation and you will!:rolleyes:

bms
26-02-2011, 08:45 PM
well, try hover the mouse over sublimation and you will!:rolleyes:

Just installed Google Chrome and it works fine for me!

Paul
26-02-2011, 09:16 PM
here is my :)

swimwivsquid
26-02-2011, 09:36 PM
I went to register but it won''t let me as Grenada isn't in your countries drop down menu and theres no alternative...... ;-(

John G
26-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Just logged in and its changed from far left to centralised so its been changed

bms
26-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Just logged in and its changed from far left to centralised so its been changed
Temporary fix made for now. So this issue should be patched for now!

Grenada isn't in your countries drop down menu
It is now!

Paul
28-02-2011, 01:20 PM
currently everyone gains 1 point per £1 spent

I spend £32.16 but gein only 26 points :(

JSR
28-02-2011, 01:24 PM
I spend £32.16 but gein only 26 points :(

Was that before or after VAT and postage?

Andrew
28-02-2011, 01:31 PM
As JSR said..... £26.80 + vat. You'll have to clain the extra points off HMRC ; )

Paul
28-02-2011, 01:58 PM
ooo yeeeee! i forgot some people got to pay vat :D

Ian M
28-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Paul, I never knew Camberly is a tax haven.......lol......is that why you have so much money? :biggrin:

Paul
28-02-2011, 03:24 PM
LOL! I have hardly any :) only because i leve in camberley :) to close to the capital i am affraid so everything cost bit more.

Ian M
28-02-2011, 03:27 PM
lol....yeah we saw that £50 note you have.

Paul
28-02-2011, 05:04 PM
it was my last one :)

bms
28-02-2011, 08:21 PM
I spend £32.16 but gein only 26 points
The points are on the ex vat value, but they get deducted from the ex-vat value when you use them, so it works out the same. Spend £100 +vat, get 100 points. Those points can be used to discount the 'before vat' cost so you the full value of them next time. It the same as getting 120 points on £120 spent and then using 120 points on the 'after vat' cost of your next order. They work out to the the same.

bms
01-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Passwords can now be changed to something more memorable when you login. This is in the admin area once you have logged in.

smitch6
01-03-2011, 06:51 PM
you'll have a huge rush on your server now lol

AdamB
06-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Hi Martin (or BMS Staff),

although I think the new site is fantastic and everything can be found at the click of a button is there anyway of keeping logged into the site?

To explain, this morning I have been adding things to my basket and then I left it for about 40mins - 1hr whilst I was doing other things (the window was still open during this time).

When I added something else to the basket it said that my basket was empty and I needed to log in again, after logging in - my basket was empty :-(

I know it's not any settings I have as baskets for other sites remain once added.

I thought this was me before as I had been adding things to my basket and then thought I'd carry on when I got home (but nothing there when I got home).

Many thanks guys

Adam

JSR
06-06-2011, 05:29 PM
I agree. I think there needs to be some kind of persistent shopping cart or, at the very least, a way of saving your cart so you can come back later.

I'm often working out what I need on my iPad over several hours or a couple of days and, every time I return to the site, I have to start all over again.

The likes of the amazon website let's me keep things in my cart for as long as is needed, and I can switch from iPad to PC to phone and the items are always there - very convenient.

bms
06-06-2011, 08:55 PM
I'll forward the comments to our website developer and see what can be done...

bms
25-01-2012, 08:07 PM
I agree. I think there needs to be some kind of persistent shopping cart or, at the very least, a way of saving your cart so you can come back later.

I'm often working out what I need on my iPad over several hours or a couple of days and, every time I return to the site, I have to start all over again.

The likes of the amazon website let's me keep things in my cart for as long as is needed, and I can switch from iPad to PC to phone and the items are always there - very convenient.

May have taken a while, but as we mentioned in our newsletter yesterday, this is being done shortly now.

bms
04-02-2012, 10:45 PM

Just to confirm that this is now operational. Your shopping cart will be retained for as long as it is needed (for customers who are logged in) and will be shown next time you login. It will also update if any products which have been added to your basket have gone out of stock since you last visited.

In the admin section you can now streamline your preferences for news depending if you want general info/ offers, specifically sublimation or specifically edible product news.

Our website will also now warn you if you are trying to checkout without logging in so that you can gain your loyalty points. Of course if you don't want to register then you can still checkout without logging in.

Hopefully these improvements will make the process of using our website easier.

Renniwano
05-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Definately love the checking out without logging in bit.. after purchasing my Ricoh and some other bits - forgetting to log-in in the process, losing loyalty points...lol