PDA

View Full Version : Printing problems

MissyH
09-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Hi there I am new to this and just wanted to know if some one more experienced can tell me where I am going wrong, I am printing on an epsom sx405 using sublimation inks and paper, but when I print and press on mugs the colours come out all wrong (too red in most cases), and sometimes look blothchy and also the printer prints lines that arent noticable on the paper but are very noticable on the mugs! :-( I have seen a few other people commenting on the same but as yet I have not found a solution, I have read something about using the right "profile" when printing but I am not sure what is meant by this, please can some one help me.

bms
09-09-2010, 06:09 PM
You may have a couple of problems to sort out here. The first is the colouration issue and you need a colour correction profile for your printer. Unfotunately the SX405 isn't a supported sublimation printer so there isn't a profile provided for this. I'd suggest you get in contact with your supplier and see what they have to say as you'll need something to manage the colours correctly.

The other issue - the banding - can often be corrected by head cleans and nozzle checks. Sometimes remove the high speed print option helps as well. If these don't solve the problem then in may be the SX405 isn't up to sublimation ink (I hope this isn't the case for your sake) but the manufacturer of inks tests various printers for robustness and reliability (okay some may take issue with this :) ) and if they prove too problematic then they aren't supported.

MissyH
09-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Um ok thanks for this, please can you suggest to me a better printer to use?

bms
09-09-2010, 07:24 PM
The A4 models are either the Epson B40W or the Ricoh GXe3300. The Ricoh being the cheaper of the two machines to purchase initially.

louise020171
05-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Hi,
I am having the same problem as yourself with the quality of the print onto mugs etc. Please can anyone tell me the correction colour profile for the epson D120 or where i can get the info for this. At the moment i am now getting a pink tinge around everything so i am wasting items as cant send them out. Also not good pictures to go on mug, water bottles etc.
Anyone got any ideas to help me please to get good pictures. Getting really fed up with this. Also what setting should i have them on plain paper/matt paper, photo or best photo have the enhanced ticked. Just would like someone to give me the correct settings.
Many Thanks

karen xx :(

Ian M
05-10-2010, 02:32 AM
Hi Karen,

You should select matte paper I just have photo ticked but some use best photo, don't have photo enhanced ticked but make sure ICM is ticked. Also make sure no colour adjustment is ticked as this turns it off.

I presume you have the ICC profile loaded if not you need that to get the correct colours.

Hope this helps.

Ian :D

louise020171
05-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Thankyou for that. can you tell me where i can get the icc profile from the printer is from bms and the ink from purple monkey and how do i save this to the print system. many thanks karen x

Paul
05-10-2010, 03:09 PM
hi. if ink is from purple monkey then you should have cd with your ink. icc profile is there and instalment instructions.

louise020171
05-10-2010, 04:44 PM
The setting to use for art titium. if this is that i have set that already and it does look good if you select that one at all. thats why i use the photo setting.

bms
05-10-2010, 04:59 PM
On the CD that came with your inks should be a number of pdf files. You'll need to check the printer configuration as well as the graphics package is set exactly as per these guides. There are screen shots for the different graphics packages (photoshop/ corel) and these must be followed exactly.