PDA

View Full Version : Roland GX-24

jennywren
09-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I've told that theRoland GX-24 can also do contour cutting, and is the best for the job even for a novice. has any body use one of these are they as good as the say. Or is there another plotter/cutter (no limit on price within reason)that you would recommed for for contour cutting.

Kaz
09-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Silly question time, but what is contour cutting?

Justin
09-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Do you mean contour cutting as in print a design and then use the cutter to cut the outline? If so then yes, it has the optical eye needed to do this. It can read the registration marks printed.

I used to do this on my CX-24 which is just an earlier model. The Roland cutters are excellent. ;)

jennywren
12-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Yes it for the outline, but have very little knowledge of cutters plotters, but need to expand the t.shirts side of things, I also want do to car stickers. I have spent days reading of the various plotters/cutters and this seems to have a steady good write up. I have only one place to buy it and they did'nt have a stand, will I need one

Flash
27-10-2010, 10:18 PM
I have only one place to buy it and they did'nt have a stand, will I need one

Hi,
Not necessarily. You can use any cutter/plotter on a desktop, but you will need a bit of space! This is generally the reason for a floorstand.
I hope this helps.

Phil