PDA

View Full Version : Material help needed

jennywren
02-01-2016, 04:53 PM
I look for advice, I need to embroider on A3 size on black material to be framed. Can anybody recommend something that can be used. Many thanks

calvinabc
02-01-2016, 05:12 PM
just go down to fabric shop or chop up a spare hoodie or something.

ASO Embroidery
02-01-2016, 06:19 PM
Hi Jennywren
If it was something I was doing for myself I would use something like an old black men's dress shirt or something similar you want to pick something that has no stretch so not a polo or T-shirt have used shirts on things I have done and they have come out fine the other good option is felt from one of the hoppy stores.

Sammy

jools
02-01-2016, 07:33 PM
I would use felt most of the time for this sort of thing. As Sammy said, best if it has no/minimal stretch.

jennywren
02-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Thanks I have used felt for smaller things, but for some reason my mind must blanked just get bigger felt duh. I could kick myself as I have spent the last week reading on materials and spent hours reading out them. Its for a new line that we are bring out. Must be xmas fluff still in my head. Thanks once again Jenny

jennywren
02-01-2016, 10:27 PM
But I think I will get some different material and experiment with it, as I have the felt it won't hurt to have a back up. Thanks again