PDA

View Full Version : JPSS cutting with a cameo portrait

paul 44
10-01-2016, 05:23 PM
Hi Folks,

Just a quick question, I am using a silhouette portrait cutter and am wondering whether I can use it to cut through JPSS paper for a cleaner print?

As all of you know who have used this paper, some emulsion can still be seen on the print so I need to cut through both layers (emulsion and backing paper) for a better looking result, has anybody tried this with a cutter on jpss?

Thanks

KathG
10-01-2016, 07:39 PM
I don't have that exact cutter but you should be able to. I would to some test cut outs to get your setting correct first.

paul 44
11-01-2016, 07:27 PM
I was looking at a few videos on it and it looks like I can cut just through the printing material where the image sits but the backing paper is left on throughout the entire image, the cut is eventually peeled off leaving you with the full print minus the excess printable material (printed membrane)
I'm not sure how this would work or whether it would scorch the shirt as there is only so much printable membrane on the print but hoping it will be ok.

I may do a test print tonight to see how it works.

Vynmarius
27-01-2016, 03:07 PM
Hi mate I had a silhouette and managed to cut the excess away, when I did it, wasnt too much trouble on smooth cuts and it worked just like the vids, although I reccomend using something sharp to get the peel going

ryanmontgomery
27-01-2016, 10:48 PM
I do this, I found it works well and you won't scotch the tshirt. It's a better finish all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk