PDA

View Full Version : sign cut pro or....

bigj2552
18-01-2016, 02:17 PM
thinking of subbing to sign cut pro.
anyone use it ?

have used the cameo software before, but got the cameo 2 now,
and just wondered if there would be any benefit of using the sign cut pro software over the basic cameo 2 software ? :confused:

edit....

can anyone also tell me please what this machine - Graphtec CE6000-40 can do better, or more than the new cameo 2

just curious :wink:

cvgpeter
18-01-2016, 09:46 PM
thinking of subbing to sign cut pro.
anyone use it ?

have used the cameo software before, but got the cameo 2 now,
and just wondered if there would be any benefit of using the sign cut pro software over the basic cameo 2 software ? :confused:

edit....

can anyone also tell me please what this machine - Graphtec CE6000-40 can do better, or more than the new cameo 2

just curious :wink:

Hi

We had the cameo, but now have the Graphtec ce6000-60 ( same as the 40 but bigger) the bigger one , it's alot more quiet than the cameo and a hell of a lot quicker!

Peter

arthur.daley
23-01-2016, 11:26 AM
Hi

I had a demo of the Graphtec and Cameo down at The Magic Touch. The Graphtec was several orders of magnitude faster and almost silent when compared to the Cameo. That said the Cameo is a remarkable bit of kit for its size and cost. I have no experience of the new Cameo 2 but haven't heard anything bad about it.

For anyone who just wants to dip their toe into the T shirt vinyl world or you are really pushed for space then the Cameo and its own software will do pretty much all you are likely to want. If you are taking vinyl more seriously then the Graphtec is definitely the way forward - but get the one which takes 60cm rolls so you don't have to slit vinyl to fit in the cutter. You can get narrower vinyl, some specially cut down for the Cameo, but the range is quite limited.

The Graphtec should also cut a bigger range of vinyl - the Cameo can struggle with some of the heavier vinyls and the holographic or glittery textile vinyls.

Arthur

KathG
23-01-2016, 11:37 AM
We have both the Cameo 2 and the Graphtec 6000-40. The Cameo is a good cutter for what it can do, but the Graphtec IMHO is so much better. We have found it quite easy to learn how to use the Graphtec, and up to now have cut HTV of several types and Rhinestone sticky flock. And as the others have said it is fast and very quiet compared to the Cameo and other smaller cutters.
Just wanted to add that we also use the blades sold by http://www.edwardmathias.com
Called Smart Knives. These are great as they have a preset depth. You do not need to adjust them. All the adjustments are done in the software. As well as that once the blades dull you send them back and they replace. them fro £11.00 which is about half the original price.
One last word if you decide to buy a Graphtec cutter I would recommend to go for the 60 centimeter width. That is our one regret. The 40 works great, but on 500cm rolls you lose vinyl on both sides. So the 60cm even though dearer initially, in the long run would save money and waste.

arthur.daley
23-01-2016, 11:46 AM
Hi Kath

How did you get on cutting the rhinestone flock with the Cameo?? I bought some from Ralawise but haven't had a chance to tinker with it yet - could b a retirement project at this rate!

Arthur

KathG
23-01-2016, 11:54 AM
Hi Arther, it took a couple of tests to get the correct settings. Off the top of my head I cannot remember what we had the blade set at. I have only cut the flock a couple of times. It works great for the Rhinestones but it is a little expensive.