PDA

View Full Version : X pres Ultra Cut

AJLA
30-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Has any one experienced any problems with X pres Ultra cut
recently. I have used this for a few years have tried and tested several and found it to be great. However recently I purchased quite a bit of white and it's an absolute nightmare it just does not want to stick. I have to pr press to remove any damp, press, press, press again and then cold peel n press again. None of the other colours are like this just the white.

** Admin moved into Problem Section

Justin
30-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Not used the Ultra Cut for some time now, tended to use Super Flex for most of my jobs. TBH I havn't done much vinyl work for a while.

I tested the (then) new Premium Cad Cut (I think it's called) material from Target and was very impressed. Having alwyas insisted on using Xpres materials it opened my eyes into a possible alternative. Well worth getting some samples!

Justin :-)

AJLA
26-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Just thought i'd update on this one re the problem with Xpres Ultra cut. Very difficult to weed,didn't stick and had to press over and over and cold peel sometimes still pulling off the vinyl making the job of producing a t a long one!

I started this thread elswhere prior to this forums launch to discover a few people having the same problems with this vinyl.

Needing more I decided to make a nice phonecall to Xpres pointing out the problems with my last batch. I was actually hoping that perhaps they had sent me the wrong stuff as they were not aware that the supplier had changed.

The guy from the tech department was great and he advised me that he would cut off a piece of my order and test it before it came out.
It has now arrived so I am hoping it is back to the usual standard else I shall have to go elswhere.
I know that there are plenty of suppliers out there but having tested several for large and very small designs and washed over and over this definately came out tops for me.
I made myself a t with it over 2 years ago which is worn often and it still looks great, unlike a t I bought in my local sports shop, the "Purelime" brand. The vinyl on this cracked after 3 months.

I'll test it today and let you know, if not it's back to the drawing board and would appreciate some recommendations.

AJLA
27-11-2009, 04:33 PM
All tested and back to normal...actually sticks and hot peel...yippeeee