PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to malcycee

malcycee
19-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Hi all
Bit of a first for me!! :roll:
I am active on other forums which are mainly military based but, I've come here to hopefully see how the art of sublimation works. I live and operate from Merseyside where I live in Runcorn.
I am an ex soldier and a bit of an artist. I run my own part time business on http://www.malcyart.co.uk doing mainly quite niche military pencil sketches and selling prints of them as well as the originals.
I started to get requests for my designs on other items such as tshirts. So, I experimented by getting some screen printed designs done.......major drawback, cash up front and minimum runs!!
So, tried printing myself having bought a YuDu screen print machine from the US.........not what I needed at all.....way too much of a hit or miss affair!! So, no doubt that'll be on ebay soon!!!
Then, I contacted The Transfer Press in Devon, most helpful!! I was, and still am convinced that Dye sub is the way forward for me. I am however, experiencing problems which I'll ask about in the problems board below.
I would dearly love to take MalcyArt full time and away from just Military but, as with all things that'll take time. I have a 'mug factory' and heat press so can do garments etc and mugs.
I was unemployed for so long last year that to make malcyart fully viable at shows etc is, currently not where I am except on a fairly random basis.
Anyway, nice to be here and I hope to speak to some of you while here!! :D

Justin
19-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Hi Malc and welcome to the forum :D

Sounds like you've had a roller coaster intro. into printing, this is often the way, you try certain methods that don't work for you before finally setlling....usually on dye sub! I'm sure you'll move forward with the process.

Screen printing certainly has its place, I'm a big fan...but maybe not for the type of work you're doing.

Best of luck with it all, look forward to speaking more with you in the forum!

Justin
DSF Admin

Ian M
19-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Hi Malc & welcome to the forum :D

Love the website & amazing artwork :D

Ian

GoldRapt
19-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Welcome to the forum.

THE METAL MAN
19-09-2010, 09:46 PM
TOP CLASS WEB SITE

Paul
19-09-2010, 10:33 PM
welcome on forum malc!

TransferGraeme
19-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Hi Malc (and thanks for the kind words about us!!)

bms
20-09-2010, 03:14 AM
Welcome along Malc :)

R.Prints
20-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Hi Malc,
Ex mob myself (Blue) so if you need help ask, plenty of people here to help you get going. Welcome and good luck.

Andrew
20-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Welcome Malc. I get loads of requests from the army for mugs. You should tap furher into your contacts and use your past to get it to full time. Regiment mugs are big business if you chase it.

Hadn't noticed Transfer Press is down in Devon as well. Looks like it's the centre of the Sublimation world.