PDA

View Full Version : lines within print images

daniboy0812
19-09-2010, 05:43 PM
hi guys

Just when i thought it was going well - i have colours dissapearing all the time. I have re-primed cartridges & done head cleans along with flushing print heads with 'Majic Bullet' cleaning solution but still only getting black & magenta albeit still with lines, no yellow or cyan but then cyan re-appears. Tried using original epson cartridges to see if its my easyflow ciss. System was printing perfectly for 3 months as of yesterday afternoon & not moved or touched system. B40w with artanium ink.

This is very annoying & have booked app with engineer by epson but does anyone know why this happens & i why cant simply resolve it?

thanks

bms
20-09-2010, 03:25 AM
Tried using original epson cartridges to see if its my easyflow ciss

And the result was...?

Have you tried re-priming the colours on the Easyflow and if so did you get very bubbly ink coming through or reasonable solid liquid ink (i.e. not too bubbly)?

daniboy0812
20-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Hi martin

Cyan & yellow are bubbly but both giving good coverage - still using the cartridge set up you sent me - not touched system at all. Saturday started up to do some mugs & the system was all over the place like b4. Managed to get what looks like near perfect printby re-priming but now getting lines through print on every colour, using 'best print' for now as was using 'photo' b4 on high speed printing.

Tried printing a few mugs & a few dark designs are OK as the lines dissipate when sublimated but the light designs are not good. The lines really stand out & looks like its the cyan printing fine lines within the print - i suspect a printing problem.

Will the sub ink damage the print heads? Have to goto repair shop with my original cartridges (which gave same results when tried) as epson wont help you if you been using sub ink or ciss's

Taking it today to computer repair shop under warranty to see if its the printer. Will post back later with outcome

Have you got any systems that are more reliable than this? Cant base a business on an probabilities!!

regards joel

bms
20-09-2010, 12:31 PM
I contacted Sawgrass last week about a B40W and getting it to print fine. Their reponse was that the B40W is reliable but can take some time to get the inks through. Now this isn't the same issue as you've got, but to get the ink to flow if the head cleaning won't do, they suggest a full block page of the colour that isn't printing properly, i.e. a full A4 sheet of cyan and possibly 2 full prints of this. This, however, is after the standard head cleaning and they suggest to do up to 6 head cleans with a nozzle check between each one. If the nozzles don't clear after the head cleaning then to move onto the full page of block colour printing...

daniboy0812
20-09-2010, 09:07 PM
hi martin

i hope Singapore is very entertaining - business or pleasure?

thanks for your comments - they will help others but not me i'm afraid - as my B40w is only 3 months old i took it to an Epson approved repair centre local to me then got onto scott & bit the bullet & splashed out on a Ricoh GX3300N - cant wait to get this beast going !!

i will however be selling B40w & easyflow to recoup some of my Ricoh upgrade costs - i hope the Ricoh is not as much hassle as the current model - scott tells me its a different beast with pretty much hassle-free operation - the CISS route is just a head ache i could do without but was good in starting up.

any pointers on setting up the Ricoh - i will be using photoshop cs4

cheers joel