PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Ricoh GX3300N. Who has one?

daniboy0812
20-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi guys

any start up hickups & tips i should know b4 my new toy arrives - hopefully 2moro

will be using CS4

any hints or tips will be awesome

thanks joel

bms
21-09-2010, 01:17 AM
DON'T install the genuine Ricoh cartridges! Put the SubliJet ones in when asked to fit cartridges.

xpert
21-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Don't take any notice of the ink level display, if you go into Conde's site, it shows how to do an accurate check, you'll be shocked at the difference, the ink level display says empty, but you'll still have around 20% left, i'm still using Cyan with 3% left.
Always leave the machine turned on, it doesn't drain the ink.
Don't bother about head clogging, as it never does. You might have to play around with the colour profiles a bit, mine works great with the Conde version and adobe 7, and trupix paper from TMT.
My last job was 144 colour change mugs with about 70% coverage, cost per mug worked out at 9-10p per mug for ink. Total for mug, paper and ink was £1.85. Compared to the Epson i had before, it's as near perfect as you can get without spending a shed load of cash.

daniboy0812
21-09-2010, 02:27 PM
hi mike

thanks for the comprehensive reply

playing around with profiles? thats sounds like a head ache - i hope its easy as i'm no pro!!

so i take it i get sublijet cartridges in with my packet Martin?

super quick delivery - on the van today despite ordering late at 5pm BMS - no thats service!!

5 stars to Scott at BMS

bms
21-09-2010, 02:35 PM
so i take it i get sublijet cartridges in with my packet Martin?
Should be otherwise some of that star rating will be coming off Scott! :)

daniboy0812
22-09-2010, 09:16 PM
thanks for the tips everyone - never guess wot!!!

the B40w printer is back to normal & storming some mugs out the door

think i'll take my time on setting up the Ricoh & get things perfect b4 i drop kick my old system onto ebay & the problems onto someone else!!

Harsh but true

bms
23-09-2010, 01:37 AM
What did the Epson guys do to the B40W?

petermc
23-09-2010, 10:22 PM
I ordered a Ricoh GX3300n yesterday from BMS which I just had delivered today.
Thank you to BMS for the quick delivery!
I’m a bit unsure when it comes to setting the printer up though.

1. Do I have to install the Ricoh disc that comes with the printer or do I just install the Sublijet disc?

2. When I insert the Sublijet disc it then gives me a choice of two configurations, ICC profile or Powerdriver. I’m not too sure which configuration to use. I have also saw someone mention a Conde profile which has confused me even further.

I am using Windows 7 (64 bit) and Photoshop CS5 and would appreciate it if someone could give me some advice.

bms
24-09-2010, 02:11 AM
1. Do I have to install the Ricoh disc that comes with the printer or do I just install the Sublijet disc?

Install the Ricoh disc and when asked to put in the cartridges, put in the SubliJetR ones, not the Ricoh. This disc installs the printer and the appropriate standard drivers as well as the maintenance features.

2. When I insert the Sublijet disc it then gives me a choice of two configurations, ICC profile or Powerdriver. I’m not too sure which configuration to use. I have also saw someone mention a Conde profile which has confused me even further.

If you're new to sublimation then I'd recommend the PowerDriver option for simplicity. This will get you printing from any software package on your computer and you don't need to worry about ICC profiles and other configurations. When you go to print you would select the PowerDriver option from the drop down list (rather than the Gelsprinter option which will also be shown and would be installed in (1) above.

daniboy0812
29-09-2010, 07:18 PM
hi martin

installing my new ricoh & hit my 1st hurdle

the printer driver cd wont run on my laptop

currently rolling on windows 7 pro x64bit

any ideas? I'll be installing powerdriver ref previous post

cheers joel

daniboy0812
29-09-2010, 07:46 PM
coming up with 'current os does not support this program' WTF!!!

someone please HELP!!!

regards joel

bms
29-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Might need to download the updated drivers from Ricoh. Their link is
http://www.ricoh-support.com/enduser/downloads/ and you can get to the GXe3300 via the PRINTERS drop down menu