PDA

View Full Version : cheapest mug press on ebay i could find (that time)

Paul
01-03-2016, 07:21 PM
Hi guys... SO I gone and did it :)
I looked on ebay for the cheapest mug press i could possibly find and decided to see what can we get for price below £50.
blog post here: http://www.howtoprintstuff.co.uk/can-cheap-mug-press-deliver-good-result/
and video...
As I said in my post, its tested from hobbyist point of view and not professional mass production

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRZYUtQenxw

Justin
01-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Would this be better in Reviews section Paul? Very interesting. I guess the quality of the blanket, i.e. consistency is the biggest issue with cheaper presses?

Paul
01-03-2016, 09:06 PM
I will move it then. I don't know how long will it last but for hobbies not mass producing should be ok.

Justin
01-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Just watched video again, I thought it was faded near handles but obviously not. Surprisingly good then? Will you be doing a long term test Paul?

Paul
01-03-2016, 10:33 PM
i will press few more mugs to see how it performs but i dont do mugs that much this days... cant find any profit in them :(

bigj2552
01-03-2016, 11:19 PM
you do know this will create a **** storm between the - buy cheap/buy twice group, and better buy most expensive one you can get..will last yrs group :tongue:

and i would have one of those ones no bother...suppose you only got 2 yr heavy use out it....for £46 no brainer

Paul
01-03-2016, 11:22 PM
i am sure it will create some s*** but purpose of this video was not to prove that those press are better. it just to prove if you have some skills already and dont need industry mass production then this one will do the job.

GoonerGary
01-03-2016, 11:23 PM
I've had 2-3 of these and none of them lasted beyond 2 months occasional/ fair use. Their previous black models were very good.

pisquee
02-03-2016, 10:32 AM
It's really hard to tell with that style of mug press looking all the same from one supplier to another if they are the same quality or not.
We had some of this kind we got cheap that lasted for years, and some more recently from BMS where the blankets wore out in a couple of months.
If you can get cheap presses which last a couple of months, or a more expensive press where the blankets only last a couple of months, and the blanket replacement cost on the more expensive press if the same as buying a whole cheap press, then it seems to make more sense just to buy another cheap press, and treat them as a consumable, instead of just the blanket being the consumable item - this way you don't have to waste time getting screw driver/allen keys out to swap the blankets over, just get the new one out the box!

bigj2552
02-03-2016, 03:23 PM
It's really hard to tell with that style of mug press looking all the same from one supplier to another if they are the same quality or not.
We had some of this kind we got cheap that lasted for years, and some more recently from BMS where the blankets wore out in a couple of months.
If you can get cheap presses which last a couple of months, or a more expensive press where the blankets only last a couple of months, and the blanket replacement cost on the more expensive press if the same as buying a whole cheap press, then it seems to make more sense just to buy another cheap press, and treat them as a consumable, instead of just the blanket being the consumable item - this way you don't have to waste time getting screw driver/allen keys out to swap the blankets over, just get the new one out the box!

LMARO here.....
thats what i said about printers lol, and look at me....bloody things are everywhere :biggrin:

as i said before @ £46, it should last a yr, pending on how much use it gets....
might get one myself at that price, if paul PM me the link bud, or is it just a case of search ebay for the cheapest lol

we still got the original bms df1 we bought about 4+ yr ago...ok, the blanket is bit tatty at edges, and we had to up the heat a tad so we get full top to bottom coverage, but it still going...but you know me, sucker for anything new lol....if not just for the hell of it to see ;)

Justin
02-03-2016, 05:51 PM
Links to seller are in Pauls reviews

Paul
02-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Links to seller are in Pauls reviews
they are. Sorry guys. I do not place links to other suppliers on this forum as this would be not fair to other suppliers that contribute to forum.

Justin
02-03-2016, 08:10 PM
For the record, we're always happy to test and review equipment from any supplier, I'm sure Paul is especially :-) I've asked a couple of times but suppliers aren't keen, last time was for a pneumatic mug press. Of course we could just buy one and test it as Paul has here but potentially this can lead to a lot of sales for the Supplier ;-)

Paul
02-03-2016, 08:26 PM
same here!
I think if suppliers will supply for test than we can test it for them and spread the word. every one is happy.

Spitzy
03-03-2016, 05:55 PM
There is one for sale for £39.99 now, same seller different press!

bigj2552
04-03-2016, 02:02 AM
There is one for sale for £39.99 now, same seller different press!

you know what they say pilgrim....you buy cheap, you buy twice...
now wait till i find my larger wooden spoon.....it kickin around here somewhere :tongue: