PDA

View Full Version : Looking at converting Epson SC-70600 to Dye Sub

inkfx
07-03-2016, 01:36 PM
Hey guys and girls, this is my first post here. So if it's in the wrong spot please forgive and move or whatever is needed.

I'm after some thoughts/feedback.

I've got an Epson SC-70600 Eco-Solvent machine sitting around that we're not really using much. Our Dye Sublimation business has increased and we're looking at possibly converting our SC-70600 Eco-Solvent machine to a Dye Sub machine running probably the Digistar E-Gold 8-col inkset.

Love any thoughts, feedback potential issues that we haven't thought of.

Thanks heaps.
Shane

mags1892
14-03-2016, 09:29 AM
May have trouble I think that printer has a heated element on the head to help with eco solvent ink flow. This may cause the sub ink to dry out. Better off converting another machine designed for pigment and selling the solvent.

inkfx
15-03-2016, 02:37 AM
The heater can be completely turned off so that is a non-issue from what I can see.

May have trouble I think that printer has a heated element on the head to help with eco solvent ink flow. This may cause the sub ink to dry out. Better off converting another machine designed for pigment and selling the solvent.

mags1892
15-03-2016, 06:47 AM
Not the platen heater i mean theres a heater in the printhead itself very low heat but its still there.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk