PDA

View Full Version : Epson D88 heads

swimwivsquid
26-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Is there any easy way to take out the head carriage so that one can clean both sides of the heads, soak them or whatever. I am having trouble getting rid of banding on two heads,the black & the cyan... tried everything. Trying to just leave them now for a day and try again........There must be a printer that prints with dyesub inks that isn't as troublesome as this one. I have two of these now and still having problems. Help..........

Justin
26-09-2010, 11:03 AM
When I've had these problems in the past with Epsons I've never really managed to solve it. Like yourself I tried everything. When I stopped to think about the time I was spending trying to clear the heads it just wasn't worth it, for what the printers cost.
I still run with an Epson 1400 and touch wood it's been 100% fine up until now but I know there's a risk with the Epsons.
The only real alternative is the Ricohs which do seem far better in terms of head blocking.

Sorry I can't offer any solution :(

swimwivsquid
26-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the reply Justin,
Didn't you have problems with the richoh I seem to remember a post a while back about the merits of this printer and there seemed to be a lot of confusion as to its worth. Have you now found it to be reliable? Being stuck out on an island (like you) I need to sort something out that will work better than the system I have now. Everytime I go to print I seem to be spending time and money cleaning the heads. Unless its something to do with the temp. I am operating in 85-90f do the inks become problematic at this temp. I am using Rotech. Thanks for any help. :?
Richard

Justin
26-09-2010, 04:41 PM
I tried a Ricoh 5050 for sublimation but couldn't get one with it, I prefer the printout from my Epson 1400. The 3300 is the latest A4 sublimation printer from Ricoh which gets good reviews.

Many users are singing the praises of the Ricohs, I would like to try with one again one day.

I don't use Rotech either, prefer to stick with Artainium.

swimwivsquid
26-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Well finally got the thing to work after two days cussin. Injected cleaning solution into the heads with a syringe and then sucked it out again and must have dislodged whatever was causing the problem. Don't like doing that but as a last resort to chucking it out through the window it seems to have worked. Anyone using a Ricoh or other printer that seems stable. Like to hear your experiences......
Cheers Richard

Justin
26-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Nice one Richard, good to hear you saved one! ;)

There are a couple of threads discussing the Ricohs and initial ownership, here's one....

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=645&p=10248&hilit=3300#p10248 (http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=645&p=10248&hilit=3300#p10248)