PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can get this done?

Justin
11-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Showed my customer this mock-up which they really like, spoke to my usual embroidery company but they say this is stand off and they only do flat.

Is this a special type of embroidery or do I need to be looking at getting transfer etc. made?

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3961&stc=1

ASO Embroidery
11-04-2016, 06:43 PM
H Justin,
Not really understanding what your meaning can you elaborate a bit is it raised embroidery or something specific.

Sammy,

Justin
11-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Just looking online and it appears it would need 3D embroidery to stand off from the cap? They say to use 2/3mm foam and then embroider on top.

ASO Embroidery
11-04-2016, 07:04 PM
yup you just beat me to it sounds like 3 d puffy foam will do the job all they need to do is double density satin stitch. Just in case your interested knowing your not a great fan of embroidery. Target transfers have a great new product out that I was looking at the P & P Show they actually sent me a sample its a raised type of vinyl called high build 3D personally I think it looks great and would give you a similar effect as the embroidery. Comes in sheets you cut it yourself you do need a different cutting blade though as its quite thick I think its on there website and if you phone the nice people there I'm sure they would send you out a sample.

Sammy

Justin
11-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Who said I wasn't a fan? I just don't want to take it in-house :-)

Uhm, will take a look at those sheets, maybe not for this project but sounds very interesting.

socialgiraffe
11-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Anyone know how big the sheets are?

at £9.00 + a sheet I am hoping its at least a king size bed ;-)

ASO Embroidery
11-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Hi Social,
The price list they sent me out with the samples says 500mm wide and then 7.95 for a mtr 7.75 for 5 mtr is expensive but looked real good on the tops they had on display.

Sammy

socialgiraffe
11-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Cheers Sammy. That's not too bad then. Might have to order a few meters and give it a test.

calvinabc
21-04-2016, 03:57 AM
we do have some 3d foam here and can embroider caps. havent done any 3d yet but happy to give it a go.

Justin
21-04-2016, 08:13 AM
Many thanks. Customer is running with normal embroidery, quotes for 3d puff were very expensive.

Earl Smith
21-04-2016, 10:07 AM
3D embroidery is not hard but you will need to have the design redigitised from the flat embroidery. I do it but only when I have time as it takes too long to do. Stitch density has to be doubled and the ends of each letter have to be sealed so the foam doesnt come out or show. Running stitches have to be programed in as well to hold the foam in place and stops have to be programed in when there is flat embroidery in the design. Small text for example. Tensions have to loosened on the machine etc etc. Thats why it costs a lot more than normal embroidery.

calvinabc
22-04-2016, 02:13 PM
glad your sorted. i dont see why it should be alot more expensive. the foam is not crazy. if we ever settle down i will have a go and report back to you.